Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #11
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

Re: How on earth do you lose weight

Thanks, girls. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

I might try Weight Watchers, although I'm cheap and hate to pay the $$$ !!! But...it really sounds like it works well.

I am also just now starting to take walks (with one DS in the sling for resistance and one in a stroller) since I am feeling better from my C-section. I can't wait for the go-ahead from my OB to start doing workout tapes.

Advertisement

Autism Every Day
SoftBumBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:07 AM   #12
goofygirl422
Registered Users
seller

Weight Watchers here too!! I love it!! I just went to the meetings and learned how to do it and then quit going and am doing it on my own. It really works. I have lost 13 pounds in a month and never been hungry. I also buy fat-free or low-fat stuff.
goofygirl422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #13
hauser
Registered Users
seller

I have lost about 30-35 pound so far, just from doing nothing. But I have another 25-30 to go! OI gained the same with my first too. It was off by the time he was 5 months! I think it will be off from this one too. I just drink soo sooooo much water. That helps a lot. I have a serious sweet tooth when I am pregnant, and since it is the only time in your life people don't judge you for being fat I just let go and have fun!! I haven't been working out as it has been 90+ degrees here and British houses don't have air! I haven't shopped for closes. I think that help. Of course if you have to shop for work and such that is another story, but if not avoid it. No one wants to try on those cute clothes you would normally buy and find that you look aweful in them! I hit a "milestone" though. I can fit what I call my fat jeans. I have two pair of jeans for after baby that are not maternity. They are to wear until my regular jeans fit! I bought them after my first son was born. I just had to get out of maternity clothes kwim! About two weeks ago they started to fit. A little tight still, but they fit!! WOOHOO! Baby is three months tomorrow, so I am doing pretty good! I think you just have to try to think positive. You had a baby, that is a beautiful thing! Emrase your womanly body!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #14
keeperof3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, and how on earth do you loose weight and flatten that tummy back down I would love to look decent in a bathing suit again, without the little bulge that looks like i'm ready to tell everyone i'm pregnant again I've done crunches but i think my problem is i'm not consistant with them and i may not do enough of them?? Not sure....any good workout videos out there that anyone knows of? Would love tummy flattening tips without going to a gym (i hate leaving my home and payin money, i'm cheap)! TIA!!!

Ashlynn (12/8/00) Jadyn (1/3/03) Madisyn (8/16/05) Gavin (7/10/07)
keeperof3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:38 AM   #15
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperof3angels
Ok, and how on earth do you loose weight and flatten that tummy back down I would love to look decent in a bathing suit again, without the little bulge that looks like i'm ready to tell everyone i'm pregnant again I've done crunches but i think my problem is i'm not consistant with them and i may not do enough of them?? Not sure....any good workout videos out there that anyone knows of? Would love tummy flattening tips without going to a gym (i hate leaving my home and payin money, i'm cheap)! TIA!!!
I have heard all the beach bodies stuff is really good!! They even have some new dance type of things that look pretty fun!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:47 AM   #16
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Another thing regarding crunches and stuff....I've read it's not just good enough to do crunches...need to do some kind of cardio/fat burning exercise as well as crunches.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:36 PM   #17
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I love pilates for abdominal work, but I agree that you need to put some cardio in. Something as simple as brisk stroller walk can be amazing. You don't have to go crazy.

I also have the book, Eat Well Lose Weight While Breastfeeding. By Eileen Behan. She is a registered dietician. This book is really informative about how your body produces milk and how to safely lose weight and maintian your milk supply. Some of the food options are a little on the extreme side, but she helps you figure out how much you need and has lots of good ideas. It is also nice because she breaks up meals into about 6 small meals (3 conventional and 3 snacks) that way you don't go too long w/ food and then less likely to feel hungry. I found out about this book on LLL site but bought the book at Barnes and Noble so you can check there or amazon and maybe find it used or cheaper.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #18
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, if you do crunches without cardio, your belly will stick out more. What you'll be doing is building up your muscle without getting rid of any fat. This will cause your muscles to push your fat out and make you look bigger instead of smaller.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:42 AM   #19
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperof3angels
You should also check to see if you have a diastasis( seperation of the ab muscles near the belly button) because doing regular ab work will only make it worse.