Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
Erica
Registered Users
seller

Why is this site killing my computer??

Seriously?!!! Why oh why is this site making my computer a worthless piece of crap? I have spyware going on all over , pop up crap coming at all times, and now because of alllll this crap it runs slow, it acts like it has a virus ( is this place spreading viruses now too?) Anyone know whats going? Can anyone give me a legit answer ? Is this one of those things I have to pay to make stop?? Are you seriously telling me that since new people took over this board they couldn't make it spyware and virus free? I mean come on now isn't the new owner mister computer genius, yet he cant ( or wont) control this problem ? I'm sure all this didnt happen naturally now did it?

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
AmandaMacK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why is this site killing my computer??

From what I've read they are working on it. For now I would install Kaspersky antivirus (finds lots of trojans norton doesnt), run Adaware (free), run Spybot Search and Destroy, should get rid of your spyware and viruses. Then get FireFox and install the adblocker plus and it should block the pop ups (does on mine). HTHs
Old 09-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
institches2
Registered Users

My Mood:

That is very interesting. My pc did the same thing. I was on ds late one night and my computer started freaking out. I explained to my husband that all I was doing was looking at this forum. He has brought his work laptop home for me to use and he would kill me if I gave it a virus too.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had to completely erase our hard drive of everything. I couldn't even set it back to it's original settings. It was because of this website. I got lots of spyware crap and probably a virus. I'm now using Firefox w/ Adware Blocker and haven't had any trouble since. I don't know why they can't get it straight though. It really sucks that if you come to this website then your computer gets killed, especially if you aren't aware of this problem until it's too late. I'm just glad I was able to save all of our pictures the day before I erased the hard drive. I spent the whole day copying pictures to cd. So if you have pics on your computer save them all now!!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here's a link to a thread I started a few weeks ago, I think Lee is in denial...Anyway, I hope I don't get in trouble for saying that. I'm not having problems b/c I'm using Firefox. I'm sure there are others who have had the same problem.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ng+my+computer
Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've never had a single pop up or issue with this site
Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 AM   #7
KristinaKate
Registered Users
Formerly: NativeBaby
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, my computer has been doing some really wierd stuff too, but I hadn't connected it to this site. I just figured it could have come from anywhere. Glad to know that the Firefox thing works, I'm gonna check that out. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #8
Ken
The Techy Guy
seller

My Mood:

DS doesn't contain spyware, viruses or any malicious scripts or programs. It's just a forum, a forum with a few ads. If you think you have some sort of spyware, I would suggest downloading an anti virus program or spybot and removing what is listed. Your not going to get a virus from just visiting DS, thats just ridiculous and unheard of.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #9
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Iovino View Post
DS doesn't contain spyware, viruses or any malicious scripts or programs. It's just a forum, a forum with a few ads. If you think you have some sort of spyware, I would suggest downloading an anti virus program or spybot and removing what is listed. Your not going to get a virus from just visiting DS, thats just ridiculous and unheard of.
Ken why is it that we just started having problems? And are you in communication with the other admin? I am not trying to be rude but this post makes me pretty upset that you would assume we are lying or being ridiculous. These things have happened and continue to happen on a daily basis. I also think that your opinion of "a few ads" and mine is VERY VERY different, a few ads were when this board 1st started nice wahm ads now there are hundreds of google and non google ads all over this board and they are ANNOYING as all get out.

Get the ads off DS and start fresh I am betting this would make the site a nicer place to visit
Old 09-28-2007, 10:03 AM   #10
Ken
The Techy Guy
seller

My Mood:

I never accused you or anyone else that you are lying. I believe you have spyware or a virus that is causing these problems, but getting the spyware from DS is just not possible and you will not get it from the ads displayed on this site.
Closed Thread