Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
Laurithree
Registered Users

My Mood:
What worked for you?

Took over a year TTC with #1, and about to start working on #2. I'm hoping it won't take so long this time. So I want to know what you pregnant gals found worked for you. Don't mind TMI. My sister says every time she's conceived they made sure she was "satisfied" after.

So what helped you get pregnant?

Advertisement

Join Rowan's Sampler Baby Afghan Crochet Along and check out my Crafty Blog.
Laurithree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What worked for you?

1. Instead cups. It keeps the "baby juice" where it needs to be. Plus if you need to go pee or get up after (like busy mamas) then it stays put...no running out. It's not only great for inserting after DTD, but to put the "stuff" directly in the cup and insert. No fun but hey...at least ya got some swimmers in there!!!!!

2. Also if you don't have "wet days" try some mucinex. The generic works just fine too! OR if you don't want to take the pill form of Guaifenesin, you can take robitusin to thin out CM. Which aids in transporting the little guys.

3. My hubby has no problems with his boy's production...so we BD everyday for a week before ovulation. The few days leading up to O we BD twice a day to make sure I have as many in me as possible. (Back to the instead cups, if your man is to tired to DTD he can deposit into the cup. He's not exerted, and you got the baby juice! Everyone's happy!!)

4. Make sure you "O" and I'm not talking a/b ovulation. That dips your cervix in the "collection" and they get a break from tirelessly beating that tail to get to the cervix. It's like a trolley ride in San Fransisco!!! They take a trip and save energy for traveling further to where it counts.

That's all I can think of for now.

It took us almost 4 years TTC DD#1, 2 months TTC DD#2 got pg first cycle with clomid. Now I am on cycle 3 for baby #3. This is my second cycle of clomid. (I have a LPD "luteal phase defect")
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
kendrea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is my story ... my DH and I got married and a few months later we became pregnant, I miscarried after about 12 weeks. We could not get pregnant after that .. I tried Clomid and every suggestion that was thrown at me to no avail, had my thyroid checked, etc. NOTHING! Well all of a sudden DH and I became a bit of coffee addicts and BOOM I got pregnant. Later I read that coffee can boost sperm. Now I'm not saying that was the solution but that is the only thing we had done differently. We had our miscarriage in 1998 and I got pregnant with my DS in 2004 .. that's how long it took us. Funny eh? I just had my DD this year so you see it didn't take me quite as long this time.
Kassidy 2008
kendrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
luvmykiddoes
COOP HOSTESS
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirls2 View Post
1. Instead cups. It keeps the "baby juice" where it needs to be. Plus if you need to go pee or get up after (like busy mamas) then it stays put...no running out. It's not only great for inserting after DTD, but to put the "stuff" directly in the cup and insert. No fun but hey...at least ya got some swimmers in there!!!!!

2. Also if you don't have "wet days" try some mucinex. The generic works just fine too! OR if you don't want to take the pill form of Guaifenesin, you can take robitusin to thin out CM. Which aids in transporting the little guys.

3. My hubby has no problems with his boy's production...so we BD everyday for a week before ovulation. The few days leading up to O we BD twice a day to make sure I have as many in me as possible. (Back to the instead cups, if your man is to tired to DTD he can deposit into the cup. He's not exerted, and you got the baby juice! Everyone's happy!!)

4. Make sure you "O" and I'm not talking a/b ovulation. That dips your cervix in the "collection" and they get a break from tirelessly beating that tail to get to the cervix. It's like a trolley ride in San Fransisco!!! They take a trip and save energy for traveling further to where it counts.

That's all I can think of for now.

It took us almost 4 years TTC DD#1, 2 months TTC DD#2 got pg first cycle with clomid. Now I am on cycle 3 for baby #3. This is my second cycle of clomid. (I have a LPD "luteal phase defect")

Can I just say you are a serious TTC'er!!!!

luvmykiddoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykiddoes View Post
Can I just say you are a serious TTC'er!!!!
I like to get down to business...(Pun intended)...!!!!!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #6
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

I have to agree with the big "O" . All 8 pregnancies I have had, that was the major factor. (no one tell DH) I have a hard time "getting off" and when I did first, then him, I got knocked up every single time ! (Yes I have Oed more than 8 times in my life )

Also I have heard wonders about cough syrup and even alcohol (still not understanding this one). Thinning the mucous helps.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #7
Laurithree
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnSAlger View Post
I have to agree with the big "O" . All 8 pregnancies I have had, that was the major factor. (no one tell DH) I have a hard time "getting off" and when I did first, then him, I got knocked up every single time ! (Yes I have Oed more than 8 times in my life )
You guys are great! The big "O" was my sister's secret to success too, they just didn't always stick.

But I'm wondering does it work to "O" before "the deed"? It sounds like the sperm should be there first for the "O" to be effective? But hey, if it worked for you.

Thanks mamas!
Join Rowan's Sampler Baby Afghan Crochet Along and check out my Crafty Blog.
Laurithree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:57 AM   #8
brigadoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

see, i had always heard that you should "O" after he does, because it kind of pulls them up to where they need to be. so that was something we did the last 2 cycles. aside from charting and temping and using opk's, we waited until 3 days before OV to BD (cuz it takes 5 days for sperm to mature, we didn't want to use everything up too early in the game!) well, not WAITED, but we were separated during the "off" time so it worked out in our favor, lol.

umm when there wasn't as much CM as there should have been (i'm always drier than the average), we used to use spit... we learned that was a BIG NO-NO (bacteria kills the swimmers), and regular lubricants are bad news too. i suggest (kinda gross, but it works)... egg whites. yeah. egg whites. you get the lubrication and the pH is similar to that of semen.

also cut back on coffees (for me, i hear it makes your "area" more acidic and unwelcoming for swimmers) and cut back on tobacco for him (lowers sperm count), and get a decent amount of sleep every night!

oh. and everytime we finished, before going pee or taking a shower, he'd prop a pillow or two under my butt for 10-15 minutes and we'd just chill
brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:03 AM   #9
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

My DH just looking at me! That can be a mixed blessing though. I don't have any problems getting pregnant .. it is staying pregnant.

Good luck Laurinda!! I hope you get your second dc very soon!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #10
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

SMEP- sperm meets egg plan

We did a plan kind of like that but my OB changed it up a bit for male issues and I started on progesterone.