Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:
How Did You Beat Thrush?

Okay, so I've had thrush now for almost 2 months. I've been taking acidipholous, GSE, GV, and now I'm on diflucan along with the previously mentioned remedies. I've beaten this before, but I don't remember it being this hard. I did notice this week that DS's hadn't cleared up either as he developed a yeast rash on the bum. I've also cut out almost all sugar, carbs and dairy. Does the diet really help that much? Giving up all these items is driving me crazy as I feel really limited on what I can eat...meat, almonds and veggies. It gets really boring after a few weeks. I've been incorporating complex carbs back in, but in very small portions and not with all meals. Another problem I'm having is knowing whether it is gone or not. My DS is weaning. He hasn't nursed in days, but the last time he did I had throbbing and itching in one of my breasts. I feel itchy and irritable and question every little twinge I have in my body thinking the yeasties have control. I just want to quit....UGGGGH.

Advertisement

Last edited by happysahm; 09-27-2007 at 07:19 PM.
happysahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
littlebean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How Did You Beat Thrush?

Ill be watching this thread because I too am batteling with thrush. Ds is almost 14 months old and we have had this too many times to count. It seems like it goes away for a little while and then comes right back. Right now my nipples are on FIRE! I havent tried everything you have tried though.. could you enlighten me on the gv and gse? Ive been taking acidopholous and have taken diflucan several times. DS has had his own diflucan as well as oral nystatin. DS is still nursing like crazy and its hurting so badly. This is the first child Ive experienced thrush with and its driving me crazy. I hope we both find some relief!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
phantomripples
Banned

Red face Re: How Did You Beat Thrush?

Okay On a long shot --

Tea Tree Oil -- Trouble Face Frogs Soap -- from Butterfly Buggas

has at least been keeping mine tame.

Sun your diapers AND ANYTHING that touchs YOUR NIPPLES OR BABY"S BUM or wash in HOT water. This kills the bacteria.

Gentian Violet on you and baby.

I have had it pretty much since DS was born 10 months ago -- goes and comes -- but it was REALLY BAD for a while.
phantomripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
littlebean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomripples View Post
Okay On a long shot --

Tea Tree Oil -- Trouble Face Frogs Soap -- from Butterfly Buggas

has at least been keeping mine tame.

Sun your diapers AND ANYTHING that touchs YOUR NIPPLES OR BABY"S BUM or wash in HOT water. This kills the bacteria.

Gentian Violet on you and baby.

I have had it pretty much since DS was born 10 months ago -- goes and comes -- but it was REALLY BAD for a while.
Do you have a link for the soap?
and where do i get genetian violet.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
ilovemyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will also be watching for answers! My 5 month old and I have had it on and off since he was about 1 month old, I just resigned myself to have it forever please someone have an answer!
P.S. I recently had thrush in my mouth while taking antibiotics and it hurt like crazy, so don't let your doctor tell you that its not painful for your baby, I haven't noticed too much discomfort in my son, but just remembering how it was for me is enough to try to fix it asap for him!
Chelsea the wife of the best husband in the world Jarrett, and mama to 3 precious boys-Peyton 9 years, Conner 7 years, Trek-our angel who we only had 14 beautiful months with, and our girl-Vesper 3 months old
ilovemyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
littlebean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah I notice with my son he starts sticking his tongue out a lot... and like moving his tongue around his lips kinda like his mouth is bothering him. I imagine its not very comfortable for him either
Old 09-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #7
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Gentian voilet was the ONLY thing that worked.. We tried tons of things even nystatin and diflucan..

You can get GV at drug stores.. I had to go to Medicap.. I don't know if they are a nation wide chain but it's worth a try.. Try the older type pharmacies.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #8
littlebean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I see you are in NC too.. Ive never heard of Medicap.. I will check out the drug stores near me.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #9
phantomripples
Banned

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=36214&vid=1086

the link for the soap.
phantomripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
chpiper
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom&BabyNaturally
seller

My Mood:

Garlic can really help...that along with long term use of Grapefruit Seed Extract is what helped us...for sore nipples I really like Motherlove's Diaper Rash and Thrush ointment....also Jack Newman's formula works great if you are near a compounding pharmacy and have good perscription coverage...wash and boil everything that goes in baby's mouth or that touches your breast!!
chpiper is offline   Reply With Quote