Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2006, 06:33 AM   #11
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Re: False negatives??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaRhi
WHAT! TERRI!? OMG!

I never had a false negative, I've always just tested too early. Buy a walmart brand Equate, or the 1st response early test.

AF showed this morning. I am a little sad, but relieved I know what the deal is now. Strange that I was this late. thanks for your responses guys!!

Advertisement

Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:11 AM   #12
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carleyc
I had a false negatice BLOOD test with this pregnancy. I was having a lot of issues and seeing my dr monthly. At my appt AF was over a week late, and I asked him for a blood test. It came back negative. I got so upset because I was just sure this was it. A few days later AF still hadn't showed so I took a home test and got a positive. 3 tests later I went back for another blood test and it was positive. The first blood test was on CD 25, and my cycles were usually 14 days, so I'm sure it was late enough for a blood test to be accurate.

It could have been long enough, but if they do a quantitive HCG (i think it's the quantitive) then they go only by positive, negative, so if there's not enough HCG, then it's negative...

IF they went by qualitive HCG, then the number could have been, say 18, but they don't consider it a positive until it's 25+. (every lab is different and have their own cut off...) Like 0-5 is neg, 6-24 is borderline, 25+ is positive! That could be how it is that you got a neg blood test!

and to the OP! I'm sorry AF showed up!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:03 AM   #13
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

Oh I'm sorry Terri. It's weird that AF was so late though.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote