Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #11
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Didn't REALLY think it'd ever happen to me....

OMG! I'm so sorry momma. I agree~have a nurse-out~thats just disrespectful of them for wanting you to leave When are people going to just GROW UP?! Gah, they act like nursing mommas are standing on top of a table waving our boobs @ pple!

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #12
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I probably would have been disgusted too and left. With all the negative publicity it could provide, I'm surprised they asked you to cover. Surely that mgr. would know better, but I guess not! Def. write your letter and I would send it to the corporate/regional office and send a CC to that restuarant.
I can ALWAYS think of good things to say too, when I'm NOT in the situation!
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #13
bean3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpsych2be View Post
But I was asked to put a blanket over my baby's head today at GOLDEN CORRAL while feeding. Luckily we had just sat down, so I got my money back and left.

I'll never eat there again. I'm going to mail them a nice letter.

My server said she knew who "told on me" and pointed him out calling him "grumpy" when he walked in. He was some old ugly man....what a loser.

I'm still angry and in shock. I can't believe how frustrating this feels....

So needless to say I had to stop feeding G halfway through and leave, so she screamed in the car all the way home (luckily that was only a few minutes as we live right up the street).

My poor baby....

So add crappy GOLDEN CORRAL to your list...along with Applebee's. I'll never eat there again!!
I nursed DD in the local one in Austin SOOOO many times without ever a word.

I really think it has more to do with the people, not the companies. I'd take it to corporate.
bean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:17 PM   #14
House of Blue
Registered Users
seller

When phrases like 'told on me' and words like 'tattled' are used it makes it sound like you were trying to get away with something and would imply you were doing something worng... And you weren't! You had every right to sit there and feed your baby, enjoy your meal and enjoy the atmosphere. I would have just handed the manager a baby blanket and said "SURE! Not a problem... If that gentleman really wants a blanket, I can lend him this one... Although I don't see why anyone would want to eat with a blanket over their head just because a baby is nursing in the same room"
House of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:31 PM   #15
willisfmly
Registered Users

My Mood:

You know it isnt too late along with that letter I would call the manager back and give him that piece of your mind. Oh and be sure to report it your local LLL i know the leaders where I am will call and let people know that it is actually illegal to ask someone not to nurse. Next time tell him that you put a blanket over your babys head when she eats if he would put a blanket over his head when he eats!!!
willisfmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #16
cwieberdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I nurse all the time in our GC. No one has ever said anything, though I often wish they would. Heh.
cwieberdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #17
jeannewojo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The blanket-over-baby's head when nursing thing CHAPS MY HIDE! I am an L&D nurse - once, I had a woman with quite a few visitors put a blanket over her baby's head while nursing. Luckily, I came in shortly after to check on her and the baby and found that the baby had suffocated under there. I had to perform CPR - something no nurse likes to do. I will NEVER forget the limp body and shocked family. The family actually brought her back in on her 1st birthday to see me. She was healthy and beautiful. I always tell my first time mom's that it is safer to insult your visitors than nurse under a blanket.

If some grumpy old man thinks eating under a blanket is appropriate, let him do it. In fact, why not offer to help him bring his meal into the restroom, that way none of the customers will offend him while he eats in his private stall.

Sheesh. Never have been to a Golden Corral before - but I do plan to take my breastfeeding baby to Applebees as I adore their Apple Chimi Cheesecake!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:04 PM   #18
amrijane128
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannewojo View Post
The blanket-over-baby's head when nursing thing CHAPS MY HIDE! I am an L&D nurse - once, I had a woman with quite a few visitors put a blanket over her baby's head while nursing. Luckily, I came in shortly after to check on her and the baby and found that the baby had suffocated under there. I had to perform CPR - something no nurse likes to do. I will NEVER forget the limp body and shocked family. The family actually brought her back in on her 1st birthday to see me. She was healthy and beautiful. I always tell my first time mom's that it is safer to insult your visitors than nurse under a blanket.

If some grumpy old man thinks eating under a blanket is appropriate, let him do it. In fact, why not offer to help him bring his meal into the restroom, that way none of the customers will offend him while he eats in his private stall.

Sheesh. Never have been to a Golden Corral before - but I do plan to take my breastfeeding baby to Applebees as I adore their Apple Chimi Cheesecake!

That's horrible mama! I'm so glad you were there for that little one, you made such a difference in lots of peoples lives!

To the OP: I'm sort of misunderstanding. Did the old man tell the manager who told you not to nurse? Or did the old man confront you directly? Either way...