Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
MyThreeZees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how to ship goods through paypal (with tracker)?

hi, i'm not sure if this is the best place to ask (let me know otherwise).

ok, so I'd like to sell some items on the board, which I know would be less than a pound in weight including the packaging (I have a scale that weighs in 1/2 oz). I checked out the USPS website about click and ship (to estimate costs that way), which I might use if I can't figure out how to ship via paypal.

I've bought a few items on this board already (using paypal), and both times received an email from paypal saying item was shipped, which included a tracking number. So I know you must be able to pay and generate shipping labels (and tracking number) via paypal.

I'd like sell my items and be able to do the same thing (with tracking number to make sure item wasn't lost). But when I do a search on paypal, it doesn't have any instructions on how to do this. Does paypal automatically ask you (after you've been paid) if you want to generate a ship label with tracking number?

I've never sold anything via paypal (or ebay), so I don't know what to expect. I checked my profile settings, and I did set it up such that my default shipping setting is via USPS, but I'm confused how you generate a shipping label, how to pay for the postage, get a tracking number, etc, via paypal if that makes sense.

If you made it this far thanks! And if this isn't the right place to ask, please point me the way!

Advertisement

MyThreeZees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
AmandaMacK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how to ship goods through paypal (with tracker)?

You can use usps to figure out an estimated shipping cost to include in the item (if you want to do it that way and add .18 for delivery comfirmation). Once someone sends you paypal, look at your account and there will be a button next to the transaction that says something along the lines of "print label" or ship (can't remember exactally). On the next page, just choose how you wish to ship it, the weight, delivery comfirmation is included (the .18), then hit print label. After your done next to the transaction will say "check shipment". It will send them an email letting them know you shipped it w/ a tracking number. HTH
Old 10-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
MyThreeZees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how to ship goods through paypal (with tracker)?

Yes, what said does make sense and sounds pretty easy at that! Thank you so much Amanda!
MyThreeZees is offline   Reply With Quote