Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
peike
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question what pockets do you/don't you like and why?

Help me make a decision, please. I want to start CD and I am certain that pockets are good place to start. But which ones?
My babe is 3 month ol boy and if it does matter would be nice if these are DH freindly.
Thanks

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Re: what pockets do you/don't you like and why?

Hi Efka

All pockets are usually pretty hubby-friendly, as long as they're prestuffed when he reaches for 'em and easy to unstuff when he changes 'em.

My personal favorites are Green Acre Designs with GAD hemp inserts. These are pretty much bulletproof the way I use 'em, but I'm not sure if they could be stuffed enough to work as an overnight diaper. But as a daily wear diaper, IMO, they can't be beat. They're trim, the hemp inserts hold a ton of pee and the dipes even contain poopy messes.

I also use Swaddlebees pockets, and while they are uber trim, I don't find them quite as bulletproof as my GADs.

Since I'm kinda the fitted queen, hopefully some of the pocket-lovin' mamas will be able to give you better feedback!
Old 07-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
CATeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My favorites are Swaddlebees, fuzzi Fannies, Happy Heinys, and Snap Ezs, in that order. LOL.

if SB made prints I would be in heaven!

I didnt like Gads (just too bulky for my dd, maybe more boyish in cut?), Fuzzi Bunzs didnt fit her right and I am not liking my drybees (even thought they have lace on the butt) because I dont like suedecloth.

HTH,
karen
CATeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #4
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My two favorties are Swaddlebees and GADs. I only have 2 FBs and I really am not a huge fan. For some reason they fit my dds kind of funny. I also am not a fan of Wonderoos/ Wonderworks diapers. I am a little embarassed to admit this, but I just don't "get" them.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fuzzi Bunz work great for us! They are fairly cheap (for a pocket), easy to find, cute colors, work great overnite (with good inserts) and fairly adjustable with the snaps.

I also like Happy Heinys alot too. They are even MORE dh friendly cause they are aplix (like velcro). They come in the same colors like the FBs but also come in adorable prints ~ although the prints have been known to wick alot so i've never tried them ~ only stuck with the solid colors. They work great overnite for us with good inserts. They are around the same price as FBs and easy to find on lots of different websites.

Swaddlebees are super trim and lowrise. They are a great day diaper but not gonna work on a super wetter though. THese come snaps or aplix and come in all the colors.

Fuzzi Fannies are similar to FBs and HHs IMO. They are very well made by a WAHM. She has UBER cute prints and does customs as well of nearly anything you can think of. They work wonderfully and never had a leak. I've never tried them overnite ~ but only because they are our pretty showoff dipes and theres no one to show in bed LOL!

BumGenius is a one size pocket dipe. Most people either LOVE or HATE them. I liked them okay but am not crazy about suede cloth inners. They did work well overnite for us though. We NEVER had a leak in these. But i just prefer other pockets over them.

Theres LOTS of other pockets out there but these are the only ones i've tried!

Good Luck! Its fun trying them all out
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:30 PM   #6
momtokimmilise
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fuzzi Bunz and Snap-EZ -- they NEVER leak and NEVER let poop out. Snap-EZ are more trim, but I think the Fuzzi Bunz will last longer in the size range. For example, I used size small FBs from newborn stage straight up until 15 lbs. I just switched to mediums and can tell they will last a while as they are a tad bulky now, whereas with the Snap-EZ, I'm already on the second to last outer snaps at the thighs.

Happy Heiny's - ALWAYS leaked, EVERY time. Swaddlebees - loved the trim-ness, but they can NOT hold in poop, and you can NOT leave them on for a nap.

BumGenius - GREAT dipes ... but I'm not a fan of the external cover --- yes, it doesn't touch babe's skin, but felt a little too plasticy, esp. when insert was soaked.

Will be trying other pockets over the next couple of weeks ... Drybees, Ella's, Mommy's Touch, Very Baby ... PM me if you want me to relay my experiences with them to you as I go along.

Last edited by momtokimmilise; 07-20-2006 at 08:50 PM.
momtokimmilise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 PM   #7
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I love Fuzzi Fannies and Fuzzi Bunz

FF are our show off diapers but I have used over night and was very impressed not to mention how darn cute her designs are!

FB are very good as well I love the colors but these are just as plain as plain can get! they do the job though!

As far as other pockets I personally did not like Swaddle bees because they are soooo trim they leak with my DS
Mommy's touch well I just did not like the way they made DS really stinky don't know why but they did.
Bum Genius I really did not like these they seemed like they took too much time to fiqure out and I just don't have the time to deal with things other then getting the diaper on my Boy!

just my 2 CENTS
Old 07-20-2006, 08:40 PM   #8
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Forgot to mention I don't like prints on pocket diapers - I never found them as reliable as a solid PUL pocket. And used prints ALWAYS equal wicking, IME.

I didn't like Wonderoos, either - they just seemed too big and too complicated when Isabel was littler. Didn't like Drybees or Ella's because they seemed HUGE compared to the GADs, and also because they have velcro or aplix or whatever and Isabel lives to undo velcro

ETA: I also didn't feel the SnapEZ love or the FB love. The SEZ I had wicked (it was used, tho, so who knows how it was treated) and FB are just too huge. Didn't really like the bumGenius either - the outer fabric just didn't feel good to me, tho the dipe worked fine.

Last edited by vick; 07-20-2006 at 08:45 PM.
vick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #9
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Snap-EZs are our favorites here
FB are ok. Not great, but ok.
BG are ok. I question their longitivity factor.
SBs never worked well for us. Too trim to hold much.
Roos never worked well for us. Legs always gaped open.
HH never worked well for us either. Rise is too long. Would probably work better on an average/longer rised baby.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:57 PM   #10
partyelf
Registered Users

My Mood:

My favorite pockets are snap-ez. I used to like my FBs, but they just don't fit dd right. I haven't had any problems with my SEZ. They are well made, don't leak, and come in fun color combos.
partyelf is offline   Reply With Quote