Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #11
mom2my3monkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: kwasiborski
seller

My Mood:
Re: Morning Sickness

A Rx for Zofran was the only thing that helped me keep anything down with my twin pregnancy..... and even that didn't work ALL the time.

Advertisement

Please visit my Etsy Shops!
mom2my3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #12
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry mama. I'm with you. I've had 5 (now on 6th and last) sick pregnancies the full 9 mo.
This time what has helped the most is a combo of zofran, benedryl, reglan, and pepcid. I take those 2 times a day (I could 3 but 2 works for me). I still get nausea a lot, and I still puke 1-2 times most days, but at this point (14weeks) with ALL of my others I was still WAY WAY sicker, so I'm counting my blessings.
I agree, bland foods, and a combo of protein and carbs.
Nothing has "cured" mine, but things help. Some days are good, some aren't.
Hugs, I so feel for you. Don't loose hope.

http://https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHippos
Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 AM   #13
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

forcing my self to eat or drink constantly all day long .. thats all that helped me last time and its all that is helping this time.. and making a point to try not to sneeze, cough, blow my nose, or gag .. those things make it much much worse and usually make me throw up ... when i can't eat for 20-30 mins + i have to brush my teeth ... i brush my teeth like 15 times a day .. this runs the risk of making me gag, but a fresh feeling mouth helps..

eat what you're craving or whatever doesn't sound gross.. for me, smelling lemons works better than eating something lemon/sour .. with my last pregnancy i was a vegetarian and i was craving meat and didn't let myself have it and this time when i crave meat i eat it and i feel SOOO much better.

i've also been told caffeine helps. with my first i gave it up for the 1st trimester, but this time i figure caffeine is better than other drugs and it seems to help to have a couple cokes a day..

getting enough sleep and being active also seems to help me..

hth and hope you feel better soon!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 AM   #14
lombardowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was hospitalized 3 times with my last pregnancy for hyperemesis. They put me on promethazine, reglan, zofran, none of them worked. Finally I had 3 days worth of IV steroids and that helped until I started having kidney stones from getting so dehydrated I had 5 kidneystones in the last 4 months of my pregnancy. I guess we all know why I'm not having any more kids
Old 10-03-2007, 09:33 AM   #15
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've had HG with all of them. With my first, they weren't giving Zofran to pregnant women yet, so I took Reglan my entire pregnancy....that and 9 trips to the hospital for IVs were what I survived on. Then with my second, I was put on Zofran @ 7 weeks when I went to the hospital for IVs and had to be kept for 4 days. I took it the remainder of that pregnancy and it was my lifesaver! Now with this one, I started Zofran @ 6 weeks when the vomiting started (because docs know my history) and its been ok so far. I have to take 2 Zofran a day and 1/2 Phenergan pill between meals to keep myself from getting nauteous and able to keep my food down. Ask your doctor about Premesis, the vitamin the other mamas have been discussing. I got put on it a week ago and haven't thrown up since I've been on it!!!!

Like the others said, eat what sounds good, try to stay away from anything that will upset your stomach. I lived off of toast w/butter, oatmeal, instant breakfast, toaster strudel, lots of mac n cheese and rice my first trimester. I'm now in my 15th week and things are SO much better. I eat what I want and sometimes I get nauteous but it normally passes if I lay still.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15

Last edited by *MamaStacy*; 10-03-2007 at 09:34 AM.
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #16
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all for the responses!! I feel so horrible for complaining about it, I mean there are moms TTC who can't and here I am bit**ing about being ill, but I am so tired that I can barely work, barely do anything, and am so NOT cooking for my family........

Ugh. Thank you all again for the kind wishes and ideas!
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #17
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMePlease View Post
Ok, so I thought my last pregnancy was bad....... I am so sick ALL of the time this go round!! I have lost about 15lbs so far......

Any solutions? I don't want to say what I have tried because maybe you just have a sightly different version.

I do have to say though, Ginger and I do not get along
I hear you on the ginger! I hate the tast If that is what you can't stand there are ginger pills you can take so you can get the benifits w/o the tast. I was sick all day everyday for 5 mo and then it was off and on for the rest of my preg. Lemon and citrus stuff really helped. Green apples, turkey sandwhiches, toast w/ jam, and ice tea was all I could do for a long time. Lolli pops in flavors you can stand help, try "Pregy Pops". Most often you will be advers to foods that are not that good for you anyway (bacon, coffee, etc). Don't try to hold back from puking. If you need to just do it

Good luck mama! Just remember once the baby is out then it is bye bye "morning" sickness!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #18
hobbsandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardowa View Post
I was hospitalized 3 times with my last pregnancy for hyperemesis. They put me on promethazine, reglan, zofran, none of them worked. Finally I had 3 days worth of IV steroids and that helped until I started having kidney stones from getting so dehydrated I had 5 kidneystones in the last 4 months of my pregnancy. I guess we all know why I'm not having any more kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoSunshines View Post
This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've had HG with all of them. With my first, they weren't giving Zofran to pregnant women yet, so I took Reglan my entire pregnancy....that and 9 trips to the hospital for IVs were what I survived on. Then with my second, I was put on Zofran @ 7 weeks when I went to the hospital for IVs and had to be kept for 4 days. I took it the remainder of that pregnancy and it was my lifesaver! Now with this one, I started Zofran @ 6 weeks when the vomiting started (because docs know my history) and its been ok so far. I have to take 2 Zofran a day and 1/2 Phenergan pill between meals to keep myself from getting nauteous and able to keep my food down. Ask your doctor about Premesis, the vitamin the other mamas have been discussing. I got put on it a week ago and haven't thrown up since I've been on it!!!!

Like the others said, eat what sounds good, try to stay away from anything that will upset your stomach. I lived off of toast w/butter, oatmeal, instant breakfast, toaster strudel, lots of mac n cheese and rice my first trimester. I'm now in my 15th week and things are SO much better. I eat what I want and sometimes I get nauteous but it normally passes if I lay still.
okay - the two of you make me feel like a champ! that is awful!!!! i need to be thankful for what my pregnancy was. i am going to ask about this premesis prenatal as well - i think i'd try anything to avoid the awfulness.
baby keelah . 3 months, finalizing adoption now!
hobbsandbean is offline   Reply With Quote