Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #21
mom2my3monkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: kwasiborski
seller

My Mood:
Re: Boy vs Girl

It's true... the more sex you have, the lower the sperm count thus leaving the "stronger" female sperm. To conceive a boy, you're supposed to do it only once that cycle... and that means he cannot, um, masturbate either! You gotta save those boy spermies!

Advertisement

Please visit my Etsy Shops!
mom2my3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #22
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I read the book mentioned by Dr.Shettles~

We have a boy

I also used egg white to help the spermies swim better

When it boils down to a baby though I would say that if you are set on having a certain sex it is best to wait until you reach the point when either sex would be just grand~ All the tricks in the world don't mean that you will end up having what you desire

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #23
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
I read the book mentioned by Dr.Shettles~

We have a boy

I also used egg white to help the spermies swim better

When it boils down to a baby though I would say that if you are set on having a certain sex it is best to wait until you reach the point when either sex would be just grand~ All the tricks in the world don't mean that you will end up having what you desire
Oh, i'd be so happy to have a healthy baby, no matter what the sex.

We just thought that it might be fun to try.
happy2beamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #24
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasiborski View Post
It's true... the more sex you have, the lower the sperm count thus leaving the "stronger" female sperm. To conceive a boy, you're supposed to do it only once that cycle... and that means he cannot, um, masturbate either! You gotta save those boy spermies!
Hmm! how did I get my 2 boys. I think dh must have a very healthy count!!!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #25
ginafer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fither View Post
i highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, but Toni Wechsler. this will tell you all you need to know, including upping your chances on having a girl.

You could also use fertilityfriend.com, very helpful for charting! When I charted I would set my cell phone alarm for same time every morning and take my temp, chart it on paper and go back to sleep! Then later add it to FF.

We have 3 boys, possibly cooking #4! And we have a very healthy sex life! I personally think the more sex you have the more likely you are to have a boy because you are more likely to have sex closer to ovulation. Sperm can live in a sperm friendly environment for up to 5 days. Having sex at least 2 days before or more is a better chance for a girl because boy sperm is faster and expends its energy to get to the egg first and dies off faster. So if you have sex and all the boys try to get ahead of the line, and the little eggie hasn't even come out yet, they will die off while girlies are waiting patiently to fertilize!
Joshua 24:15
Ginafer: wife to 1 wonderful husband and mother of 5 gorgeous boys!

Last edited by ginafer; 10-03-2007 at 08:38 PM.
ginafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #26
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginafer View Post
We have 3 boys, possibly cooking #4! And we have a very healthy sex life! I personally think the more sex you have the more likely you are to have a boy because you are more likely to have sex closer to ovulation. Sperm can live in a sperm friendly environment for up to 5 days. Having sex at least 2 days before or more is a better chance for a girl because boy sperm is faster and expends its energy to get to the egg first and dies off faster. So if you have sex and all the boys try to get ahead of the line, and the little eggie hasn't even come out yet, they will die off while girlies are waiting patiently to fertilize!
I was wondering if you would read this Ginafer and what your response would be. We have a healthy sex life with 2 of each gender with everyone in the house thinking #5 is a boy. We actually conceived our 2 girls when hubby was working 72 hours shifts, that would make sense, he went to work on Thursday morning and got home Sunday morning, I bet they were from Wed night.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #27
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There is a site that is nothing other then choosing your gender In-gender
there is some intersting things on there but also some sort of scary to be honest

Also there is a women named Kimmie on here that does lunar charts & she is really really good & nice search "lunar fertility charts"

I think the best thing to do is to FIGURE out your cycle 1st go get the Free Fertility friend & just start charting. I would chart for a month or two to see where you are at

We are also hoping for some girl dust
Old 10-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #28
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

I did mine based on the theory "boy sperm swim faster but girls last longer". I was right all 3 times:-)
Old 10-13-2007, 09:58 PM   #29
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDanielax View Post
Chinese Gender chart doesnt work. It said I was having a girl and my little one is clearly a boy!
It has been wrong for me both times!
{Gage is clearly a boy and Abbey was clearly a girl}

Baby Dance A LOT 2 to 3 days before you think you will ovulate for a girl. Do NOT baby dance a day close to ovulation.

There is a book about Choosing Your Baby's Sex {I think that is the name of it? } anyway.. it has LOTS of great pointers. No boxers {underwear} just briefs ~ unless you want a boy.
You can look on Amazon or at your local library or bookstore. They should have it there.

Good Luck!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #30
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

The one time we got a girl was the time we weren't DTD very often. Every other time we were doing it frequently and 3 boys are the result. We are hoping for a girl next time.