Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #11
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So upset - OB vent, and anyone who's VBAC'd in central Ohio, please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
Miami Valley hospital in dayton allows vbacs. Not sure how far you are from dayton. There is also a natural child birth center within the hospital. I'm not sure if they would allow you to try a vbac or not. I believe they do. They have a pretty nice setup with the natural childbirth center. It's called family beginnings. Everything is natural, intervention free but if there is an emergency, you can be in surgery just as quick as if you were birthing in the regular l & d unit.

I have not started my search yet for an ob as I am also in the market for one who does vbacs. I had a c section last time and I want to try for a vbac. I believe that dr sangve offers them and has privilages at miami valley.
Wow - I was born at Miami Valley! And I believe I saw Dr. Sangve back before I moved to Columbus. At this point, I may be open to driving to Dayton - if I can't find anything here, I prob. will look him up! Thanks so much!

Advertisement

Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #12
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boysforme View Post
I'm in Ohio too and recently came up against the same thing. I will be driving about an hour to an OB that will try for a VBAC (she delivered my second son)- it is heartbreaking to feel that all your choices and preferences just vanish- poof into thin air! I went to a local OB that will VBAC in my area that looked at my post op notes and said no way- you only had a one layer closure. I cried for the rest of the day!
That's what I'm terrified of - I've ordered my records from my old OB, and am waiting to get them. I don't know what my close was, but the old OB didn't object to a VBAC on those grounds, and I know she was looking for any reason to object, so hopefully I'm good. I would feel SO violated if I had a one layer close - how the hell does the DR get to make that decision? I was 25 and on my first baby when I had my c/s - if the DR gave me a one-layer close, she was insane.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #13
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HOME BIRTH! That is all I have to say. These are the most safe and satesfying births out there. Several women have had succesful HBAC (home birth after c-section). Emergencies durring birth seldom happen where you only have seconds to fix it (unless you are in the middle of a c-section) so you can always be transported to the hospital. Just because they are say they are a midwife doesn't mean they are qualified or what you are looking for so INTERVIEW.

Here is a website with a list of Ohio midwives :http://ohiomidwives.net/

Here is a great articel about HBAC's: http://www.mothering.com/articles/pr...ac/my-way.html

Good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #14
mommyof4es
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you near Akron?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
That's what I'm terrified of - I've ordered my records from my old OB, and am waiting to get them. I don't know what my close was, but the old OB didn't object to a VBAC on those grounds, and I know she was looking for any reason to object, so hopefully I'm good. I would feel SO violated if I had a one layer close - how the hell does the DR get to make that decision? I was 25 and on my first baby when I had my c/s - if the DR gave me a one-layer close, she was insane.
I was 28 and on my third baby when I had my section.
Actually I read that the closure doesn't matter- the OB I origially went to is an old man and wasn't current in his thinking- he had his way of doing things and that was it. I had never had a male OB before and never will again! He told me no OB would ever VBAC me- he lied!
From what I've read the single layer seems to heal better/faster- hence possibly stronger than the double layer- which had more complications & higher infection rates.
If you had a single layer you might have to work harder to find an OB to VBAC but it is possible. I will be delivering at a hospital just outside of Cleveland.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #16
mommyof4es
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof4es View Post
Are you near Akron?
Oops, read farther and see you're in Columbus. :::darn::: My OB with ds was wonderful and would've let me have a vba2c
Old 10-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #17
mommyof4es
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boysforme View Post
I will be delivering at a hospital just outside of Cleveland.
really? I'm just outside of Cleveland.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #18
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof4es View Post
really? I'm just outside of Cleveland.
I will deliver at Fairview and I live in Canton- I used to live in Amherst (my second son was born at West Shore hospital) though and my in-laws live in Avon Lake, so we are familiar with the area.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote