Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
Nicki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Losing hope for my VBAC...

I'm going to be 40 weeks on Friday. My cervix is completely closed. My CS is scheduled for Friday. They won't let me go over due to previous complications... I'm sad...but I'll be ok with it. My CS went great last time, just hoping for a healthy little one in my arms. Anyone have stories to share about VBAC's?

Advertisement

Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
kayben
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Losing hope for my VBAC...

Why can't they induce? Looks like I will have a csection after 6 natural! I will pray for you to start labor!!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #3
mommyof3co
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a VBAC in Sept...had him on my due date. I had been checked twice before and was closed each time. The day before I was induced I was not even a full cm. I would really talk to them about getting cervadil....it's a safer way to induce with VBAC. It helps ripen your cervix and unlike some gels it can be removed if things were to start going too fast or something. I did that then after 12hrs they started pitocin on a low dose, I had already started contracting some on my own. that was at midnight. At 2am my water broke. At 2:45am got an epidural I was hurting so bad. 4am 4cm. At 5:43am he was born 1hr and 43min after being 4cm I was fully dilated and delivered him with one contraction. It really couldn't have gone better, I'm so glad I did it. I almost scheduled a csection because I have really bad hip problems and was in SO much pain by the end and they were saying they wouldn't induce. But I talked ot my midwife and we decided thi was the best option for me and it worked perfectly. If it doesn't work you can always still do the csection but I would see if they would atleast try it.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
Nicki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3co View Post
I had a VBAC in Sept...had him on my due date. I had been checked twice before and was closed each time. The day before I was induced I was not even a full cm. I would really talk to them about getting cervadil....it's a safer way to induce with VBAC. It helps ripen your cervix and unlike some gels it can be removed if things were to start going too fast or something. I did that then after 12hrs they started pitocin on a low dose, I had already started contracting some on my own. that was at midnight. At 2am my water broke. At 2:45am got an epidural I was hurting so bad. 4am 4cm. At 5:43am he was born 1hr and 43min after being 4cm I was fully dilated and delivered him with one contraction. It really couldn't have gone better, I'm so glad I did it. I almost scheduled a csection because I have really bad hip problems and was in SO much pain by the end and they were saying they wouldn't induce. But I talked ot my midwife and we decided thi was the best option for me and it worked perfectly. If it doesn't work you can always still do the csection but I would see if they would atleast try it.
They won't do anything to help me along...Unitl I'm forsure in labor...it's harder here in Michigan. VBAC's are not a popular route.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #5
Nicki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMommyof2 View Post

I am assuming they won't induce because induction produces stronger contractions which puts the uterus at higher risk for rupture. not sure since I am not a Dr
Yes. That's why they won't.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 AM   #6
Nicki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll keep trying convincing my doc to help me...what should I ask at my last appointment on Wednesday?
Old 01-07-2008, 01:45 AM   #7
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

sending you labor vibes, but my 2nd c/s was much easier than my 1st, probably because I knew what to expect. The 1st wasn't a surprise one, DS had a birth defect and c/s was more recommended, it ended up being emergency because of his heart rate, but I already knew it would be a c/s, hope you can get the VBAC you want. Please share with us whichever way it goes, I am hoping for #3 to get a VBA2C.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
Nicki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any other suggestions on how to convince Dr. to induce? I'll keep everyone updated on the situation.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
cornelia9805
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can your dr. strip your membranes? I have heard it can help. I don't see how that would hurt anything.

I have to tell you my VBAC story: my 2nd DD was supposed to be a VBAC. I had a super supportive OB and it was a go my entire pregnancy. I had an appt the day after I was due to figure out what would be the next step. He checked me and told me she was still really high and it didn't look like anything would be happening anytime soon. He thought it would be best to just have a c/s by the end of the week so I would end up going way overdue and still ending up with a c/s. I agreed since I really didn't know if I would be able to birth a baby naturally since I hadn't done it before. That night they called and told me that I was going to have to change my c/s time to the next day at 4pm. Annoyed didn't even start to explain what I was feeling. I didn't feel good about it at all. I would have to be fasting from 7am to get the 9 hours in before the c/s. The next day came and I was so nervous. I had general anesthesia for the first one so I never experienced the whole process. By 11am I was starving and shaking and just generally annoyed at the world. I knew that I would be no one anyone would want to deal with by the time it was c/s time. I called the dr and they told me I could go down to the hospital early to get a bag of saline, but I absolutely could not eat. So I didn't really have a choice. They hooked me up and everything and told me I was having contractions. I thought they were kidding because I was only having braxton hicks. They decided to check me to see if they were even being productive and I was at a 4. I couldn't believe this was actually happening. They asked me if I still wanted to try for a VBAC since I was laboring on my own and of course I did. I had painless contractions till about an hour after the OB on call broke my water. Serious contractions started at 7pm, I started pushing at 8pm and my 2nd DD was born at 8:54pm. I know realize I belonged at the hospital that day because I would have had to drive to the hospital with make you want to throw up contractions. I hope this gives you a little bit of hope that things may end up going the way you want them to.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #10
Nicki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a great story...guess I still have a glimmer of hope. Oh well, whatever the good Lord wants, I'll roll with it. I'm trying not to have any expectations, but I assume that He wants me to try.

P.S. Wow! A ten pounder! That's fantastic mama! And we have a daughter spelled the same!