Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:
OH LORDY....long rant...

Okay so today i FINALLY took samonia for a check up, she is one and hasnt been since she was 6 months.. well we get to the Peds and the receptionist says " oh your on the schedule to see Dr. "C" bc Dr. "W" is on vaca.." umm okay great i dont like dr. c at all, ive seen him once and didnt much care for him.. he didnt do anything wrong per say i just didnt get a good vibe from him, call it mothers intuition because BOY WAS I RIGHT!!! ARHHHHHHH okay so here is what happened:
We go back, nurse weighs and measures her and leave
Dr. "C" comes in and opens her chart and says, "oh well she hasnt been her in a long time"with a smirk.. GRRRRRRRRRRRR
okay so next he says, without even introducing himself or interacting with her, he says "oh wow she is underweight, (19lbs on the nose at almost 13months), have you given her cows milk or BABY milk (meaning formula) because she really needs more calories" umm okay here is where i went off a little bit, i said "no i havent and i wont give her cows milk or formula my BREASTMILK is babies milk and she is fine with that thank you!" and then he RANTED about how her diet isnt supporting her need for calories or something bogus, how can nursing non stop,seriously she is always attached at the boob not be enough, she never acts hungry.. anyways, next he flipped through her chart and siad, "WOW she needs alot of vacs, thats not good at all, if you cannot afford the copay we can help you and set a payment plan up because these are VITAL for her" ummm my response "ya know i think im going to leave, i dont feel comfortable here i feel like im being attacked, and no i wont pay the copay" i got up and walked out with both of my girls in my arms and cried in the parking lot.. never in my life have i been so attacked, my reg ped will be lucky to see me in that office again, i feel so humiliated, the man talked to me like i was harming my girl by nursing and not vaxxing..

Advertisement

Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: OH LORDY....long rant...

:hug: How horrible.

I hope you let your normal ped know how you feel and explain why you won't be returning.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

THat is rough!!!!

Quote:
...the man talked to me like i was harming my girl by nursing and not vaxxing..
well of course thats how he talked to you, because thats how he sees it - BUT regardless of that, that is no way to speak to a client (because that's what you are ---> a client to their business... )!!! I'd definitely talk to the other ped and let them know whats up.... and then see about changing offices/peds all together??!!!

Last edited by moonphishers; 10-03-2007 at 10:38 AM.
moonphishers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

im going to call her.. this new doctor is a JERK.. my mom used to work as a nurse for this office before my girls were born, so their reg ped and my mom are still pretty close friends.. this new guy needs to go back to the rock he crawled out from under...
Old 10-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Im sorry mama....This is why I stopped taking mikey to the check ups becaue I felt pressured and talked down to regarding my choices as a parent and what I want for my child especially regarding vax's If I were you I'd find a new doctor in a new office who supports yoru choices...
Old 10-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonphishers View Post
THat is rough!!!! No chance of changing offices/peds all together??
im going to try calling around..
Old 10-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #7
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylaureena View Post
Im sorry mama....This is why I stopped taking mikey to the check ups becaue I felt pressured and talked down to regarding my choices as a parent and what I want for my child especially regarding vax's If I were you I'd find a new doctor in a new office who supports yoru choices...
ugh yah i think im just going to take them to have physicals done at the urgent care place once a year iguess.. i dont know.. but i hear in delaware with being a HS'er they are pretty adamant about the kids having physicals.. it helps to keep you from being audited i guess..
Old 10-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #8
poulinsj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww Mama, i'm so sorry that you had a horrible appt. Docs can be such jerks and so insensitive to our feelings. Just remember...it's your child and ultimately you have the final say. Don't let them bring you to tears. You are doing what you feel is right.

ISO: LeapFrog tag reader, 34D/DD bras, 7/8 girls stuff, 2T/3T boys
poulinsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #9
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Im so sorry Mama!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had to switch ped. because we had different views of vaxing and other random stuff...but I'm glad I did..I LOVE my new doctor..he's always telling me how we're pros at babies, and how healthy he is being breastfed...

My only complaint about him is that he does push solid feedings as soon as baby hits like 16 lbs. , and my son at 20 lbs.(and 7 months) still doesn't like solids. However my ped hasn't said anything too more about it.