Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Taking medication 2 induce miscarriage at home after bad news?still havent mc @11 wks

Hi ladies. After finding that we lost our bean when I was 9 weeks (likely blighted ovum or something similiar) I am still waiting to miscarry . Last ultrasound we found that my sac was 9 weeks but what was seen to be a very small baby at 7 wks had disappeared. So I decided to wait and let my body miscarry. This is not working so well considering today I am 11 wks today and still pg. Soooooo I am wondering if anyone has taken the medical route to help to induce an inevitable miscarriage.

I have a follow up ultrasound tomorrow to see if things are finally starting and if not I am strongly considering the cytotec route.
Any advice?

Advertisement

Last edited by Tripletmomtx; 10-03-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Tripletmomtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Re: Anyone take cytotec to induce miscarriage after the bad news?still havent mc @11

I'm so sorry for your loss mama. I would wait for the US and go from there. Prayers going your way.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #3
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone take cytotec to induce miscarriage after the bad news?still havent mc @11

I am sorry, too! My midwife gave me some cytotec, too, but I was too scared to take it. Praying for guidance for you. I would wait til after your u/s to make a decision, though!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

*sigh* I've been there mamma, the waiting really tears at your heart. It took till 13wks for my blighted ovum pregnancy to end. Most docs agree that 12wks is when the corpus lutem stops producing the hormones that sustain the pregnancy and at that time the placenta takes over. If there isn't sufficient hormones from the placenta, the pregnancy ends. Not m/cing a blighted ovum till the end of the first trimester is really common. If it were me, I would do the induction if the u/s shows no progress. A m/c after 13 wks was awful.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Taking medication 2 induce miscarriage at home after bad news?still havent mc @11

I started miscarrying my first pregnancy on Thanksgiving day of 2004. We knew that it was inevitable because when we went in for our first ultrasound (I was almost 13 weeks pregnant) they found no heartbeat for the baby. After several days of miscarrying- some spotting and cramping- nothing was happening. It was not very productive. The DOC told me what to expect and it was NOT happening that way. He told me that I should wait it out but it may take a few weeks. I couldn't stand the thought of that. I was a teacher and the thought of being in front of my students and for it to suddenly happen then was not appealing. So I told him I wanted a D and C. He didn't want to do it because his schedule was "busy" but I told him if he didn't do it I would go to a DOC that would. I don't regret getting the D and C at all. The miscarriage was done and I could go on with my grieving.

Whatever you decide to do- my thoughts will be with you.
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #6
Sabey-baby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Taking medication 2 induce miscarriage at home after bad news?still havent mc @11

just mama. so sorry for your loss.
1/10/03, 2/2/06, 7/17/08, #12/19/11
I sew.
Sabey-baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you well in the healing process.

When I miscarried my baby my body was not progressing at all. I lost the baby around 5wks, but didn't know it until 9 weeks. At ten weeks, still nothing. I too was teaching and just couldn't go back to work knowing that it could happen at any moment (so I understand tmfletch). I had the D&C, but it was not a good experience for me (emotionally speaking), but at the time I thought it was the right decision. I know it is a tough one to make.

to you mamma, no matter what you decide.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

With a BO, i was told it could take up to 13-14 weeks... with mine i started spotting at a little over 10 weeks and miscarried at 11 weeks.. it took 6 days from the start of the spotting, and then 20+ days of bleeding after that .. thankfully for me, i didn't find out that the baby had died until 10 weeks 5 days so i only had to wait 2 more days for my body to take care of things.. i really don't think i could wait too much longer than that ..
Old 10-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

I carried my BO until 19 weeks. They kept telling me I must be off on my dates and that they will find the HB at the next appointment. Yeah...19 weeks and 80 lbs later, it was a BO. My last m/c I did pennyroyal oil. topical on my wrists twice a day. I would suggest it though without reading up on it. Very toxic stuff.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:10 AM   #10
bkwrm69
Registered Users

My Mood:

My condolences to you mama, and also to your beautiful family. Hugs and prayers to you. I was also 9 weeks pregnant in July when I found out my baby's heart stopped beating. I decided to go the natural way, and if it went more than two months with no signs of m/c, I would try the drugs(I absolutely did not want a d&c).

Well, after about a 6 weeks of waiting, I started bleeding, and it was much like a normal period for me. I bled moderately for 10 days and then the baby passed through after "labor-like" contractions.

Again, if I had not m/c after two months I would've taken something, but I am glad that I did not have to after all. Yes, it is torture waiting, but I think I needed that closure, just to be sure that it was not a misdiagnosis. Oh, how I had hoped the doctor was wrong!

My heart goes out to you. I am here if you need someone to talk with.
bkwrm69 is offline   Reply With Quote