Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 AM   #11
Camellia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Taking medication 2 induce miscarriage at home after bad news?still havent mc @11

I am so sorry

I took a medication to help me miscarry when I lost an early pregnancy. I am glad I went that route vs. a D&C. They also gave me some vicodin to take with it so the pain wasn't so bad. It also helped me stay numb for a couple days because I was so so sad.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 AM   #12
writeinthelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Taking medication 2 induce miscarriage at home after bad news?still havent mc @11

Oh, mamma, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine waiting so long for a m/c to take place. We discovered a missed miscarriage in my 2nd pregnancy at 12 weeks when I started spotting. I couldn't stand the thought of waiting--the grief was overwhelming--so I opted for a D/C. My D/C was very traumatic for me...I think it was pretty routine as D/C's go, but somehow it was very hard for me to go through. I would definitely try the drug route before I did a d/c again.

Praying for you.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #13
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry for your loss. to you mama. When I m/c at 9 wks the baby was measuring 8 on u/s and I opted for a D&C. I do daycare and the possibility of being home by myself with 6 little kids and going through a m/c didn't sound like a good idea to me, especially considering that there can be complications that need medical intervention. I also opted for a D&C with my 12 wk loss (the baby measured 9 wks and ended up being a partial molar PG). The D&C's were the easy route for me. It let me grieve and move on and I was TTC again probably a month earlier than I would have been able to otherwise. I know it's a tough decision as I really struggled with making that decision for my 1st one. With my 2nd one, it was an easy decision to make since I had already been through it once & knew what to expect. If you do opt for a D&C, ask if you can opt for twilight anesthesia instead of general.
Also, I have read somewhere about using black/blue cohosh as a natural way to induce a m/c. I'll see if I can find that link somewhere.
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #14
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

It may be hard to wait knowing but I would. Pennyroyal and black and blue cohosh may help. There is an induction I have used at term that can also be used to abort that you could use. I MCed at 14 wks a baby that had died MUCH earlier. I was UCing and getting no prenatal care by choice so I was fortunate to be able to have a natural MC without medical intervention. Certainly not a traditonal choice by todays standards but, I believe Nothingbuttcloth would be able to answer this pot quite well and would be able to reassure you that it is okay to wait and your body WILL do it on its own without medical intervention if you can woait out the pressure of those woho know you are waiting to MC. (hugs) mama.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #15
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. I got an ultrasound last Thursday and it looks like my miscarriage is starting to begin. I am still not bleeding. I have some slightly brown tinged discharge but thats about it so far. I feel just fine so I think I am ok for no just waiting a bit longer. I would prefer to let my body do what it has too.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #16
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck mama - hopefully your body will take care of everything as easily as possible.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote