Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Had an u/s got some questions *added chart**

I am back. We saw a baby in there and it had a heartbeat. The measurements seemed off of what I thought and the heartbeat was lower than I would like but the doc seems confident and doesnt want me back for another MONTH.

The u/s put me measuring 6w 3d I thought I was either 6w6d or 7w2d so I didn't like that too much. Can the dating be off by that much? By like 3 days?

Also the heartbeat was slow...around 100bpm is what she said. She didnt give me an exact number (have I mentioned I hate this particular OB?).

Is that a decent heart rate if I *were* 6w6d like I think I am?

I got a Postive test on the 9th of September...so I can't be *too* early along....help ease my mind?

Here is my chart....I overrided the ovulation day to reflect what the doc told me... For those that chart...does it seem like a reasonable ovulation day? If it does then the measuring would be ok and a lot of other things would make sense...but I dunno....and if I *were* really only 6 weeks 3 days then the hear rate is fine....what do you think? Would it be possible for me to get a postitive test as early as 8 DPO?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Mama2Aaron

Advertisement

Last edited by Mom2BabiesA&I; 10-03-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Mom2BabiesA&I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
hsjwmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Had an u/s got some questions

I don't know about the heartbeat, but the dating can definately be off! At my first ultrasound I was measuring 4-5 days behind when I KNEW I conceived. At my second ultrasound several weeks later, the baby was measuring 4-5 days AHEAD of where I knew I was! So don't worry about that at all
Old 10-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

Re: Had an u/s got some questions

(don't forget, i'm not a doctor or anything.) that HR does sound a little slow, but i've heard that even measuring the HR that early can be off .. plus since he didn't really tell you the exact #, if it was like 120 it would be nothing to worry about at all ...

i had an u/s when the doc thought i was 7 weeks, i thought i was 6 weeks 4 days, and the baby measured 6 weeks 2 days .. i really wouldn't worry about the measurements being off by 3 days ..it can also vary based on when the baby implanted, or so says my doc.. oh and the HR for my 6 week 2 day u/s was 125 ..

after measuring 5 dyas behind what my doc thought i should be - she still didn't want to see me for another 4 weeks.. which is this afternoon...

and i think you're baby is just fine
Old 10-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Had an u/s got some questions *added chart**

ive heard that u/s that early is +/- 5-7 days.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a few early u/s with my last pregnancy, and I was measuring 5 days behind.

The low heartrate is probably indicative of the fact that it probably just started beating. It will probably pick up
Old 10-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
Twinvillageiowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know the exact day my twins were concieved. And my dates with u/s were always off. Honestly, only 3 days off sounds great! They were like a week off with me.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

We only DTD like 3 times the month I got PG, so I knew EXACTLY when I got PG. My US at 12w6d was off by almost a week, they wanted to move my date up, but I told them there was literally NO WAY it could be when they said it was. By my 20w appt. babies were about 4 days apart and measuring right on for my EDD according to me. Luckily my OB knows me, and agreed not to change my EDD b/c of the first US results. I"d say stick to what you feel in your gut is right.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

You're changing OBs.... right? This guy isn't on the same page as you at all, even if he is right. I'd hunt elsewhere and get the answers/assurance you need and want.

I was in a similar situation (disagreeing with my OB who wasn't as concerned as I thought was appropriate). Best thing I ever did was hunt down a new one, and that was even at 30 weeks
mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote