Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #11
Leslier
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SandPaper Skin! Ideas...

Wow! Thanks so much to all of you for your advice! I don't post much, shy I guess. But all of your ideas were really helpful. I had been giving him a bath every night because they said he'd soak up water then the eucerin would "seal" it in. But I'll try doing it a little less and also change my lotion! I had no idea that mineral oil was drying, that won't help. Guess I'm off to cut dairy and see how that helps and try more natural products. It's funny because my DH hadn't realized his skin was so bad till today and it kind of flipped him out. Hopefully we can find a solution. Thanks again to all you mamas for being so friendly!

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #12
liramom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an aloe vera plant and put the juice on my baby's dry spots and it works wonderfully. I also used it for baby acne and diaper redness.
Also I love Aveno baby lotion without the scents. And I cut down on the number of baths the baby got...he gets two or three a week. The rest of the time we use a washcloth to clean the parts that got dirty. Fortunately, the baby only had a few sandpapery spots and they are not as frequent as they used to be.
liramom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #13
Meg678
Registered Users
seller

This may sound weird but my daughter this past summer had a small case of exzema and my pediatrician suggested putting crisco on it. Ya, it cleared up very quickly!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #14
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

a 3-mo old doesn't always need a bath everyday, but I'm not sure of your situation. DS had a similar problem, but he was a bit older. Our neighbor (who had an older boy who had this when he was younger) said to only use regular Cetaphil in the bath. The "adult" face wash, NOT the kind for oily skin, and it helped a lot.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #15
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd just has really dry sandpapery skin in the winter or colder months. We had to use baby oil in the bath water and then instead of lotion on her all winter and I couldn't believe how silky she felt!
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote