Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #21
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: POTTY SEATS!! Help quick!!! I need to buy one. Musical potty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannrsd View Post
I would highly recommend the flip-n-flush http://www.flipnflush.com/
But , not until I get my
Got it....

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #22
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania View Post
a friend of mine had that seat. her dd would play with it, but not use it for a potty. she got her a simple one with no bellls or whistles and she started sitting every morning and peeing.

a different friend had a different musical potty. her ds would sit on it, but stick his hand down in the pot to make the music play. he sits on the toilet now with one of those ring things.

we have deluxe bjorns, which i like a lot for the wide stable base and simple design.
Understood....I think I'll just leave the batteries out.

That's what she did.

I think with this kid he needs ALL THE HELP he can get. LOL. He said "I'll pee and poop in that potty mama." He's such a chatterbox.

I'm gonna maybe get a Bjorn later too.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #23
mommyfrog
Registered Users

My 2 1/2 year old refuses to use a potty chair. She only wants to sit on the big toilet. We have one of those padded seats that sit on the top and a contoured step stool. The stool sits back far enough so it doesn't get in our way, but can still be used by a little person to get on the toilet. The padded seat works pretty good, but sometimes she'll drop it in the toilet when she is trying to put in on. I so want to get the flip-n-flush. One for each toilet!! That looks like it would be perfect for us. Thanks for the links.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #24
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

I have that potty and love it! I just leave the switch off when she is sitting on it. If she does go, I just turn it back on, and then normally her butt will make the sensor go off and it will tell her she went potty. Works out just fine for me. I like how it teaches her to wipe and flush as well.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #25
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was hoping SOMEONE would have something good to say.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #26
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Well, my niece has one and loves to dance on hers! But not pee in it, much to her mother's disdain.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #27
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd has the royal potty and used to put her hand/foot in it just to hear it make the noise but since the batteries died and we didn't replace them, she uses it fine and it is a great potty for in her room so she doesn't have mistakes at night/naptime when she wakes up and has to go RIGHT AWAY if you kwim. For other times she uses the cushioned on potty soft potty seat that has the handles.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #28
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, i'm leaving the batteries out for sure. I'll probably move to a bigger seat up on our toilet when he gets more experienced.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #29
aquaamber
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have the baby bjorn potty and the baby bjorn seat for the big potty. Love them both. easy to clean and keep clean, no nooks and crannies on the potty chair for pee or poop to get into. The seat for the big potty is great- I didn't get it until our padded one wore out, and I wish I had bought it first. It is sturdy and it adjusts to fit on any toilet without sliding around, and no cushion for pee to get under.It was definitely worth the $30 it cost- it will never need replacing.
aquaamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #30
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

I think deciding on the best potty somewhat depends on the age of the child pl.

I use a ring w/dd but its a pain b/c when she started at 18mo she was so small she was STILL in danger of falling in. Now, at nearly 2, she likes to decide whether she uses the ring on the big potty, the potty chair or sits backwards to 'watch her pee like a waterfall'.

a 3 or 4 yo may really dislike a potty chair b/c it doesnt fit well.

I'd never get a musical potty b/c I dont like noisy toys. Think about the toys in your house.... do you have musical/noisy toys? do they make you bonkers or are you ok w/them?
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote