Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Registered Users
I hid the sposies!

We are waiting on our 4th child- which will be the first one that we have really put into cloth diapers. We did prefolds with really sucky covers with our oldest only because someone gave us a month of diaper service. With no real support or advice on them- we hated them! But, since I've not got lots of friends who are cd'ing and have found this site- I've decided to dive right in and do cd's with this one.

But- since it's all new to me and a little overwhelming, I decided that for the first couple of weeks at home I'll do disposables at night only- and we'll do disposables when we go to church. My dh isn't really gung-ho on using cd's- he's a little more open to it now that I've actually gotten some and he has seen that they what I've bought looks basically like a disposable and he won't have to fight with pins.

So I got a pack of newborn disposables to have on hand since baby is due anytime in the next couple of weeks. But I hid them at the very back of his closet so dh can't easily find them and use them all the time instead.

How evil am I?

Kellyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
My Mood:
Re: I hid the sposies!

My husband was kind of on the fence about the whole CD issue when we switched. In the end, he was cool about it, and told me that he'd support me in what I wanted to do, since I'd be the one dealing with it the most.

I figured we'd CD most of the time, but still use disposables at night. Ha! That never lasted! I still have those old disposables sitting in Camdens closet, because we've loved the cloth so much--even overnight!

Once my hubby saw how cute and easy CDing really is, he was totally down with it!

Good luck mama!
masonite is offline   Reply With Quote