Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone keep cold bug longer when pg?

Just wanted to know if any of you mamas had trouble getting rid of a cold or other bugs when pregnant or even before the bean was confirmed with hpts?

I am having a hard time getting rid of my cold-going on 2weeks now!! I am at the end of my 2week wait before af is due!!! My bbs are soar,feel yucky(queezy),peeing a lot already and just feel pg again! I od (or had fertile ewcm from Sept18th-21st,bd 2 times during this time!) So we'll see what happens! I usually poas when af is 1-2(sometimes3weeks late!) because I HATE BFNS and want to be sure i am late! I THINK I remember not being able to get rid of colds when pg with DD Sarah-but it was over 2 years ago and you sort of forget,kwim? Is it wishful feelings or possibly a early pregnancy?

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone keep cold bug longer when pg?

I had a horrible cold from 8-10 weeks, then it came back and I had it weeks 12-14. My doctor said it was normal to have a lower immune system when pregnant. I also think I have Rhinitis of pregnancy, which is like an everyday cold. I wake up everyday with a stuffy nose and congestion and normal just sneeze all day long.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
mommyofnoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think its def. possible. I normally have colds for about 3 weeks and when I'm pg I just can never shake them. like pp said, wake up congested, etc. and stays that way on/off all day. Have you tried some benedryl at night?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OH thanks-so you can take Benadryl? Have some Sam's club off brand-DH is doing this because he caught cold from me while we ttc!! Oh well-had to catch that eggie!
Seriosly a cold for 3 weeks?! I GUESS I AM SPOILED I AM USED TO 1 WEEK OR LESS-AM FAST HEALER USUALLY!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
mommyofnoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you can check out motherisk.com if you are concerned about diff. meds. also, the HG site another mom posted a few days ago has a great list of meds www.helpher.org That way you don't have to just take my word for it! My DH has colds for about a day or two, gives me and ds the same cold and we fight it for 3 weeks!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #6
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for site-I will check out!I do trust you-I THINK I remember that benadryl was ok while pg-just cannot remember the darn list-mommy brain,kwim?!!
Wow your dh and child is a fast healer-stinks that you have it so rough! My dh is whinning like a baby and asking when i'll feel better-since I AM THE 'caretaker"!!!! His colds always go into bronchitus or sinus infections since he has asthma! UUUGHG! Boy,he can be a baby-I JUST THINKS HE WANTS ME TO FEEL BETTER SO HE CAN HAVE ME COOKING SOMETHING YUMMY! Sorry buddy-mama is heating up soup from a can tonight-too sick!!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:

i've got a terrible cold right now and i had the sniffles a couple weeks ago. my body has been run down because of the anemia issues
jillianh is offline   Reply With Quote