Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
MammRen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What would you do??

I purchased a dipe off FSOT about 5 weeks ago. I still have not received the item in the mail. I have since purchased more items from the same person and have gotten those items. The mamma sent me the tracking no. and the PO says the items is in acceptance stage at the PO.. I have no idea what to do. I called the PO where the item is supposed to be and they have no record of the item. I have contacted the mamma several times about the issue and she has told me basically to just wait it out. I am confused and feel like the mamma needs to assist me in finding the item. What would you do???

Karen

Advertisement

MammRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: What would you do??

It would probably depend on how much money I spent and whether or not this person has a good reputation. If it's someone who is well known around here with great feedback, I'd probably wait it out a bit longer because the PO is just being a PITB.
If this person has some negative feedback, I might file with paypal, since the deadline is about up. It's kind of a difficult situation though. No one wants to be out the money. And I'm not sure that she can do anything to recover the items any more than you can.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well you bought more diapers from the same mama after you did not recieve the first few? And you got the 2nd batch you ordered? I'mreally not sure what to say than?? someone here should ask the mama if she has a reciept maybe, but if she got dc and its in route, you can always file with pp and always drop the dispute if you recieve the diapers or maybe the mama is willing to pay you 1/2 back, if you did buy more from her and recive them, I dont think that mama is trying to steal your money..JMO
LuAnn
Old 07-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

if the DC says its en route maybe it got lost in the shufle and eventually it pop and youll get it. she doesnt sound she is scamming you as you bought stuff from her before and recived it
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
mommato3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would say if she sent it, and has had DC proof, you are SOL. You can't expect her to be out cash and diapers, if she has proof. I'd keep waiting.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:26 PM   #6
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

The reason for my opinion is because even though she has received items from this mama afterward, it doesn't guarantee her honesty. Some scammers do that kind of stuff.
Of course, that is totally jumping the gun, I'm not saying she's a scammer, which is why you'd probably just want to check her rep around here. With all the garbage that previously happened, I am always a little overly suspicious I guess.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:15 PM   #7
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

How much was the diaper for? I wouldnt blame the mama - it sounds like she gave you all the info you needed (that being the DC#) and its the PO you should be ticked at. If she has proof she mailed it then I dont think there is much elese she can do. Ya know? If it were me I'd just wait.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #8
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3
I would say if she sent it, and has had DC proof, you are SOL. You can't expect her to be out cash and diapers, if she has proof. I'd keep waiting.
Yes, you can't expect her to be out cash and diapers; HOWEVER, you can ask if she would come to an agreement with you about them. I had this happen once where I sent a dipe to a mama and now six months later she still has not received it. She was out her money and I was out a diaper (that she had paid for) so we both came to the conclusion that I would refund half her money and we would be equal. I told her that if she got it to let me know and she said she'd send the money back and I told her that if it came back to me I'd let her know and send her the dipe. I think that's totally fair. I don't think you can expect her to pay you back in full BUT since you're out money and product too, maybe you could come to an agreement? Does that make sense? That's just my .

Hope the PO finds them soon.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:32 PM   #9
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

oops I totally missed the first time around you saying that she sent you a tracking number. All sounds fine then, just wait like everyone else said. If it never shows, I think splitting the costs is fair also.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:50 PM   #10
MammRen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree... I am not unhappy with this mamma at all and did not mean for it to come across like that at all. She is a long time DS mamma with totally amazing feedback. I was just asking what I should do to resolve the issue, mainly with the mail.. wondering if any of you had had similar things happen...

I have come to the conclusion that it's really a PO problem.... I do not feel she is scamming me in any way and would definitely do business with this mamma again...

Thanks for the insights and experience. I will try again with the PO next week and after the end of next week, I will ask her if she would be willing to do a partial refund...

BTW, it was a $11 Fuzzi... Not a huge deal or a huge amount of money...

Thanks for all the replies and thanks to the mods for putting me in the right place...

I still feel like I have so much to learn...

Peace
Karen
MammRen is offline   Reply With Quote