Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is this normal? Followup...

Ok, I dont know much about dying or anything like that, but the WAHM emailed me back and said that it is part of the dying. Well, its supposed to be solid colored, so at the very least, this would be a flaw in the dye job, correct? I have enclosed some pictures of what I am talking about. She offered for me to return the dipe for a refund, but honestly, I love this diaper, and dont want to return it, but I feel as though I was sold a 2nd product for full price. Would this warrant me asking for a partial refund because (to me) it looks like it has flaws. What would you do? Should I return it even though I love it? Ask for a partial refund because of flaws in the dye? Or just suck it up? I just feel that if I pay so much for something, it should be up to my expectations, but I love it so much that I dont want to return it. Help? Please?

*THIS IS NOT FOR DRAMA* I LOVE this WAHM's diapers. I just need advice on what to do and if this is normal for dye jobs?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../Diaper009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../Diaper007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../Diaper005.jpg

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
Crazy4Coffee
Registered Users
Formerly: tla**8
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this normal? Followup...

i say suck it up. it looks like marker marks more than it does flaws in the dye job. but thats JMO. it's not that bad.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Yes its flawed. She didnt mix the dye well enough before she put the fabric in there and those little "flecks" of dye caused that. I have done it before also, but I am not going to say what I did, because I may be more picky or lax than she is KWIM?

With how small and how few the marks are, I as a consumer, would let it go. I would just make a mental note to make sure and explain that in a for sale post if/when you decide to sell.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
belladonna
Registered Users

It is a dye "mistake." It happens when you don't fully dissolve Procion dye in water before adding the fabric (or don't strain it with a coffee filter).

I'm not sure how you should handle it but I personally would have sold the diaper as a second.
belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladonna
It is a dye "mistake." It happens when you don't fully dissolve Procion dye in water before adding the fabric (or don't strain it with a coffee filter).

I'm not sure how you should handle it but I personally would have sold the diaper as a second.
Thats how I feel, I feel it should have been sold as a second, and I hate to "suck it up" when I paid for a flawed product. Why should that be acceptable? And there are more marks then just those, there are some on the embroidery and those marks are fairly large and noticeable, its not very minor, one or two small dots would be considered minor, this I dont feel is minor.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #6
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you paid PP she could do a partial refund. I would ask her to just do that instead of sending the dipe back.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marelle4381
If you paid PP she could do a partial refund. I would ask her to just do that instead of sending the dipe back.
I think thats what I am going to do. I love it, and want to keep it, but i just want the discount that she would have sold it for adveristing it as a 2nd. KWIM? Because it is obviously a flaw.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #8
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marelle4381
Yeah, I agree with that. Sorry mama...

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #9
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I don't think you should have to suck it up...not your fault! I'd ask for a partial refund, too.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #10
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It doesn't look like it'd be from marking the fabric for elastic/snap placement, etc. It looks like someone just whacked the fabric a few times with a pink marker, kwim?

Weird...

If it was a KoolAid dye or any kind of powder dye, it looks like there might have been some pink (pink + blue = purple) that wasn't dissolved and the powder made a really concentrated pink spot???