Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #11
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is this normal? Followup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontariomama
It doesn't look like it'd be from marking the fabric for elastic/snap placement, etc. It looks like someone just whacked the fabric a few times with a pink marker, kwim?

Weird...

If it was a KoolAid dye or any kind of powder dye, it looks like there might have been some pink (pink + blue = purple) that wasn't dissolved and the powder made a really concentrated pink spot???
Thats what it looked like to me, but she said it was the dye, like it wasnt dissolved enough. So what should I do?

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #12
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I definately don't think you should have to suck it up. IMO these are your options:

A: send it back for a refund and wait until she has more and try your luck again

B: Ask for a partial refund, explaining that she should have sold this as a second

C: Keep it, let it go and hope it fades when washed

Here's my thing. When I buy diapers, I choose things that I will like and think that others will like because I know eventually, I will have to sell it. You will be hard pressed to get anything near back what you paid if those dye marks stay. I think it's a big deal and it should not have been sent to you. I recently a similar situation with a WAHM over an item. When I emailed her to tell her that her work was unacceptable, she agreed with me, but said she didn't know what else to do. She admitted the work was not up to par, but sent it anyway. I was floored. No. Not OK in my book. When someone sends you something with an obvious flaw and they fail to mention it, you feel like you're beig scammed and it's not a nice feeling.

If I were you, I'd decide if the diaper is that great to keep. If so, ask for a partial refund, which should be the difference between what a new diaper and a second is sold for. If you decide you don't want it, tell her you want a refund, send it back WITH delivery confirmation and if it isn't refunded within 15 days of receipt, file a dispute with PP.

Good Luck!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:48 PM   #13
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW...looks like what happens when I let dd color & shes only wearing a diaper. Definately doesnt look like sewing marks..I've gotten items with those & they wash right out. I wouldnt have even sent a diaper that had such noticable marks on it, especially if its a material that wont come out (like if it IS bad dye mixing).
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #14
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree, I am also thinking about a resale value, and resale value drops A LOT when there is a flaw like that when I pay full price. I am not asking much, just a little bit for what she would have marked it down to as a second, maybe 3$ or something so I dont totally get screwed when I resell it and end up getting less then 1/2 then I paid. Ideally I would just get a couple dollars back, but she hasnt responded when I asked for a partial refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea
I definately don't think you should have to suck it up. IMO these are your options:

A: send it back for a refund and wait until she has more and try your luck again

B: Ask for a partial refund, explaining that she should have sold this as a second

C: Keep it, let it go and hope it fades when washed

Here's my thing. When I buy diapers, I choose things that I will like and think that others will like because I know eventually, I will have to sell it. You will be hard pressed to get anything near back what you paid if those dye marks stay. I think it's a big deal and it should not have been sent to you. I recently a similar situation with a WAHM over an item. When I emailed her to tell her that her work was unacceptable, she agreed with me, but said she didn't know what else to do. She admitted the work was not up to par, but sent it anyway. I was floored. No. Not OK in my book. When someone sends you something with an obvious flaw and they fail to mention it, you feel like you're beig scammed and it's not a nice feeling.

If I were you, I'd decide if the diaper is that great to keep. If so, ask for a partial refund, which should be the difference between what a new diaper and a second is sold for. If you decide you don't want it, tell her you want a refund, send it back WITH delivery confirmation and if it isn't refunded within 15 days of receipt, file a dispute with PP.

Good Luck!
Old 07-22-2006, 07:45 AM   #15
Baileybai
Registered Users

Location: Wherever the Air Force tells us to go. LOL Finally back in San Antonio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Yes its flawed. She didnt mix the dye well enough before she put the fabric in there and those little "flecks" of dye caused that. I have done it before also, but I am not going to say what I did, because I may be more picky or lax than she is KWIM?

ditto...I just dyed some prefolds. I didn't mix the pink in very well with the blue when I mixed the periwinkle color...little pink flecks all over the place. The instructions even stated that sometimes certain dyes will not totally mix so to make a sort of paste out of them first and use a spoon to mash it up really good. I got lazy...and you probably didn't want to know all that. I have to say, personally, if I were making something for someone else that the dye messed up on, I would sell it as a second. I have an annoying eye for detail though...I see every little thing most people wouldn't notice or care about. I'm just amazed by some of the things I get that people think are fine to send out. Anyway, those pink spots aren't going to fade much. I've washed those particular prefolds many times and that pink is just as bright. That procion dye just doesn't fade. Good luck, I hope you're able to come to some sort of an agreement with this WAHM.

Last edited by Baileybai; 07-22-2006 at 07:51 AM.
Baileybai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #16
SunflowerMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

That is definitely from not dissolving the dye completely. It won't fade with washing and it's definitely not part of the dyeing process. It should have been considered a second. I you love the diaper I say ask for a partial refund to compensate for the flawed dye job.