Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #11
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help/advice needed re toddler eating & night sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Ahh--kids are so good at testing their mothers, arn't they (mine certainly are) I would stick with the nap, and stick to your guns
Oh yeah, absolutely! I'm not too good with sticking to my guns though! By now we're officially co-sleeping latest at around midnight, which is mostly the time DS comes into our bed. I actually love it.. lol, the only problem will be when DH has to work next week again and won't be able to nap with DS and I'll have to lie down with him! But then again, maybe it'll do me good, resting for 1.5hrs too?

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #12
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help/advice needed re toddler eating & night sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
DD#1 has bee bad about eating lately too. By breakfast she's ready to eat. If she refuses to eat what I give her she has to wait until the next meal. I had to cut out most snacking to get her to eat. No more goldfish and cheese whenever she states she hungry, and no more letting her have her all time favorite of peanut butter sandwich all the time either. We're still battling this one.

As for sleeping... she doesn't take a nap during the day normally. Unless she's been running hard all day and goes to sleep on her own, or when we're in the car. We have our little bedtime routine of hugs and kisses and my boyfriend tucking her in, we exchange "I Love You's and Good Nights", and put the baby gate up. If she gets up we tell her to go to back to bed until she finally does. She gets no sippy cups either because she had been opening them and dumping them out. If she wakes up after getting to sleep and is hurting or asking for her sippy cup then we know something is up because she doesn't do that normally. Like the last few nights she's been having what I assume are growing pains because she wakes up crying and pointing towards her ankles and knees. But if she's throwing a fit over her sippy cup before she's gone to sleep we just let her pitch her fit. (Hi, I'm a mean mommy).
I see your DD1 is already 3, right? I'm thinking that once DS is also older, I can pull that with the eating and going back into his own bed.. but right now I just can't. He doesn't understand it really and cries hysterically, I just can't do it to him, kwim?..