Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
ClarebearNkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Happy Hiney leaking??

Hi everyone. I am brand new to CDing. My DD was in a Happy Hiney and after only 5 minutes in it, she leaked through the whole thing even onto the outside of it. She had a hemp doubler in it as well. It was a size small and fit her just fine. What did I do wrong?? TIA

Clare

Advertisement

ClarebearNkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Hiney leaking??

I had horrible leaking problems with print HH's. I have heard to stuff it better and use a waterproofing spray, but haven't tried that yet.
ravenonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
mhibbard
Registered Users

I used solid HH and never had a wicking problem, though I did have some light leaks at the legs when I was understuffing. Though, doesn't sound like that is your problem! I've heard the same things about the print HH. Def try the waterproof spray, and make sure that your fleece isn't repelling. Good luck! Don't get discouraged!
Meaghan
mhibbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i only use the solid HHs and have never had a leak or wicking unless she SOAKS the insert. I use them overnite alot with a CB insert with a joeybunz under and it lasts allnight. Did you purchase the HH new? Did you dry on hot the first time to set the pul? Is it a print or solid?
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
carleyc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My HH prints wick horribly! I bought them used, so I'm not sure if they are all like that, or if I just got 2 that had been overused. I've found they don't leak as bad if I do a hemp insert wrapped in a microfiber towel, but I still can't leave them on longer than an hour and a half.
carleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I agree with everyone else. My hh prints tend to wick. I only use them for during the day. I also found that if you wrap your insert in a mf towel, that they tend not to leak as much. I've also had people tell me to try the waterproofing spray.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
ClarebearNkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. Since I am so new, what's with the waterproof spray?? I don't know if I would want to put a chemical like that near her butt...kwim? I only got one of those HH and it was a solid. Hmm... I'm gunna wash it a few more times and see if that helps the absorbancy. The rest I have are simple hemp prefolds and so far, I have to use another homemade "soaker" on the inside, but I am loving them. Her fluffy bum is SO cute. Thanks again.

Clare
Old 07-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #8
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would wash and dry it a couple times - it helps to cure the construction holes and will help alittle with the wicking.

Waterproofing spray - like what you buy at ****s to waterproof your new leather boots. It works great.

If you bought it used I don't have any advise.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:26 AM   #9
Merisong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How long are you trying to get the diaper to last? during the day most babies pee pretty frequently.. esp when no solids yet and double especially in the morning...

My baby probably pees half his total output for the entire 24 hr day in the first 2-3 hrs of being awake so for him during that timeframe a dipe is doing good to last 30 min. On the flip side.. in the late afternoon he will go 2-3 hrs between pees (not dipe changes)!

All my print HH's wick when understuffed but I also try to change them more frequently because IMHO even the fleece liner feels damp against the skin (still miles better than drenched cotton tho) I have ordered some of the waterproof spray but it hasnt arrived yet.. so I cant tell you whether that works for me or not. I did buy all my HH's used.

The wicking has to do with the cotton content of the print fabric that coming in contact with the fleece and stuffins... Alot of diapers/wetbags/etc can leak for that reason.

HTH!
Merisong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #10
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Are you leaving the fleece rolled out?