Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Happy Hiney leaking??

Yes, I bought it new and left the fleece rolled out. I washed it a few more times and tried it again on DD just a bit ago. Half an hour in it and it leaked again. I figure I will just stick with prefolds and covers. No biggie. They are absolutly adorable though. I guess just not for us. What should I do with it now?? I don't know of anyone else here that CDs a small baby.

SAHM to Brandon 13 and Lilyana 6 yr and Ayliana 22 mo Joyful follower of our Messiah Yeshua, Helpmeet to my superhero, Mike , expecting our 4th blessing in June!!
ClarebearNkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
I grow people

Hi! Sorry, no advice, I've never used HH. Just wanted to say welcome to the site and I love your avatar!!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ok now wait a minute. Any leak in a HH solid is human error. Let me try and think through a few things. First, if you have a micro terry insert place that on top of a hemp insert and then stuff the pocket. Or get a microfiber towel from the dollar store and wrap it around the hemp insert and then stuff. Also, make sure the insert is not stuffed too high or down to low. Put it "almost" to the top of the pocket, but leave a hair of a space. Second, try putting a trifolded prefold inside the pocket rather than a hemp insert. This is very absorbant and can handle a quick pee by soaking it up quicker than hemp. Hemp hold more than a unbleached cotton prefold, but it absorbs liquids slowly thus could be the reason the pee is not absorbing. Third, leg opening. Is there too much room between baby's thigh and the leg opening? If so any liquid not immediately absorbed can leak there.

Just to tell you about my HH experience. My first few attempts were not the best. The fit was actually too big. This happened before to me with Fuzzibunz, where DS was inbetween sizes. If you try all of the things i have suggested and you still are having leaks, let your DD grow a little and try again. A baby's body changes so much so quickly, don't judge this diaper from this one experience. I am so glad I put down my sole HH for a month or so, because when I picked it back up it became a favorite and I bought another! Meanwhile I need to go back down a size since my DS is thining out. See how you have to adjust sizes?

Welcome to CD!
veganmamma is offline   Reply With Quote