Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #21
anna.worley
Banned

Re: Smelly Smelly! Need Help!

You definitely have detergent build up. Tide free does have enzymes. Also if it is a front loader ist is an HE machine. Really, as for that, a little goes a very long way. I have a water softening system and an HE machine. I use3/4 of a teaspoon(yes you read that right) of Allen's Naturally and they come out smelling, like nothing.
Strip, baby, strip! (the diapers I mean) And start over with a better detergent. Been there done that and no problems since. Good luck.

Advertisement

anna.worley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #22
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I'm not quite sure how front loading washers work, but I put in a squirt of dishwashing liquid (not detergent) in almost every third wash to keep buildup from happening. While in the drier, I have sprayed a product called Sol U Mel in there to absorb any stinkies that the wash didn't get out. It is made from tto. For you, you might want to try putting several drops tto in a spraybottle with water and spray in the washer and dryer to absorb stinks and kill any bacteria.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #23
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

We use white vinegar every other wash or so. If my soakers start really stinking, i'll toss them in a sinkfull of hot water with a cup or two of vinegar and let them sit for half an hour and then wash them. I do this about once a month.

I'm hesitant to try bleach because bleach + ammonia = carbon monoxide and as stinky as DS's diapers get, I'm sure there's quite a bit of ammonia there. I'm sure it wouldn't make much, but, being in science, any CO is too much CO, IMHO.
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #24
Mom2Taylor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, if you don't use vinegar in each wash, then what do you use to soften them up in the washes that you don't use vinegar? Sorry to hijack.
Mom2Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #25
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had the same problem and was used tide free i bleached and boiled my inserts and after a couple uses they stunk again so i ordered from charlies soap and no more stink. I bet its your detergent!