Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
hannahlove
Registered Users

Cloth wipes? Tell me about 'em!

Talk to me about cloth wipes! How do you use them? I mean, how do you wet them? And how do you clean them? As you can tell, I know NOTHING about them! Thanks for clueing me in!

Advertisement

hannahlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Cloth wipes? Tell me about 'em!

We have a spray bottle of water and some wash on her change table and wet as we go. Wash 'em with the diapers. Really a lot easier than sposie wipes. And softer too! And you don't need to use as many!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Okay, I will I'm the wipey queen..at last count I had just under 17 dozen lol You wet them for poo, use em dry for pee (or you can wet them if you want) throw them in the pail and wash with dipes. Well, don't have any in dipes, so we throw em in the pail, and wash all together. They are great for dipaer changes, hand washing, face washing, small spills, family cloth...the list goes on and on. You can pre-wet them when going out and put them in a wet bag (or a ziploc bag if you don't have a wetbag) or you can use a little peri bottle to store water or solution to wet them with as you use them.

Any other questions, ask away!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #4
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

I am also addicted to wipes. I am scared to count how many I have I love using cloth wipes because I just throw them into the diaper and wash everything together. I used to put like 10 to 12 in a 'sposie container with some Dixie Drops and use until they smelled moldy. Now that DS poops less I just run three under the faucet.

When we are out we have a mini-wet bag with wet wipes and then a small wetbag to keep the diaper and wipe bag in. I just put it in my purse.
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #5
Heidiliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I keep around a dozen + at a time in a wipes warmer with a solution of 2 dixie drops and 2 cups of water. They smell so good and are always nice and warm. For when we are out, I usually just bring some already wet wipes and keep them in a ziploc bag. Watch out, though. Cloth wipes are addictive!

www.d65ppc.com - Pay Per Click Management
Heidiliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryandrew
I am also addicted to wipes. I am scared to count how many I have
A friend told me that I had more wipes than her, which was weird since she has a babe in dipes. She said I must have at least 12 dozen. I said no way..so we counted. Uh, yeah, I guess I'm an addict
Old 07-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
EmmalinesMom
Registered Users
seller

I love using cloth wipes! So much easier than dealing with sposie wipes when you're doing cloth diapers. I wet them either with a spray bottle, or just under the tap before a change, and toss them in the hanging pail when we're done. Then I just wash them with the diapers on wash day. Couldn't be easier!

I really like the flannel-velour, and sherpa-velour ones.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love cloth wipes! We use them for everything from bums, to hands and faces, to coasters. I have a basket of dry wipes next to the changing table and my peri bottle full of water that I wet them with. Then I have a basket on the back of the toilet and I keep a stack in the dishtowel drawer in the kitchen. Those I wet as needed. All get tossed in the diaper pail. For out and about I keep dry ones in the diaper bag and a small bottle of water. Toss the dirties in the wetbag with the diaper. My fav is sherpa/velour, but I like soft terry, and flannel too. hemp is just ok, or at least the ones I have. They aren't as soft. I love one layer flannel for runny noses. So much softer than tissue.

I use sposie wipes occasionally on my two daycare kids and they drive me nuts. They seem to just smear the poop around, I need a ton and most of the time I have to squirt them with water. I'd rather just use my cloth!

JSYK, when shopping $1 per wipe for 2 layer flannel, a bit more for sherpa and velour is average. Some WAHMs have great deals when you buy 6-12 or more. If you want to start out slow baby or lightweight washcloths work too- they just aren't as soft or fun.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:09 PM   #9
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started using cloth wipes a couple of months ago. I really like them. I store them dry and keep a spray bottle nearby. I spray the wipes to wet them for poopy diapers and I use them dry for pees. I toss them in the diaper pail and wash with the diapers. It is so much easier than figuring out what to do with used sposie wipes.

I made some of mine and also bought a sampler pack from emibeans.com. The sampler pack was great because it had different sizes and different fabrics to try out. Total, I have about 30 wipes, and they more than last me until I wash diapers every other day.
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
Mommyof2Princesses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm very new to using them as well. I've been using them for less than a week! I love mine though. I bought 2 dz from a ds mama in the wahm wares. She was having a sale! Anyways I leave mine stacked with my diapers. When it's time for a change I wet it using tap water and put it in the microwave for 4 seconds. Then I put it my diaper champ with the diapers and wash with the diapers. I got a few freebie flannel ones with diaper purchases, but I prefer the ones I just ordered. I got sherpa/velour ones and they are wonderful!!!
Mommyof2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote