Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
Summer
Registered Users
seller

Question I have to know why side snaps are not good for Naps & Nights

I posted a couple weeks ago about my Swaddlebees AIO doing fine except at naps (have not tried at night). One of the mama's said it's because of it being a side snap diaper. I have been thinking about that and don't really understand what difference the side snaps make vs. front snaps. My GAD's were the same way though-could not use them for naps and they were side snapping. I don't have any problems with my Snap-Ez and they are front snaps so it's just got me wondering about it.

Advertisement

Summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have to know why side snaps are not good for Naps & Nights

It is probably not true for everything but side snapping are generally not as snug as front snapping covers and those are not as snug as velcro covers. If your cover is gapping a little at the leg, then that may be where moisture is escaping.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

i don't know....i use SS at night & bedtime all the time. i think it probably depends a lot on how well it fits them.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know, I have wondered the same thing. I never have leaks with GAD's, but I don't use them for naps. They are my we're leaving the house diapers and I need something trip. SEZ are different because they have the elastic across the front. That really makes the fit for my skinny guy. So maybe it's an elastic thing. I almost always use FB's for naps or a SEZ windpro pocket.

Let us know what you figure out...
Old 07-22-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Baileybai
Registered Users

Location: Wherever the Air Force tells us to go. LOL Finally back in San Antonio!

Okay, that's weird. Our side snaps actually fit more snug than the front snaps and velcro. Do I have weird shaped kids? When I use the front closing dipes there always seems to be a gap at the top above the closure. No matter how tight I make it. The side snapping ones don't gap anywhere. Yep...my kids must be funny shaped.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
roseselene
Registered Users

Hmmm, I would more think it has to do with how your child sleeps. Like side snaps are good for tummy sleepers because then there is a bunch of fabric ( equals more absorbency) up in the front instead of a bunch of snaps. I just don't think AIO's are particularly good for nighttime use, but I don't personally think that it has to do with front vs. side snap. We use side snap fitteds at night and we love them.
Amy
Old 07-22-2006, 10:20 PM   #7
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I dont think its necessarily because its a SS but more the fit and how your child sleeps. I use GADS for naps and nights and never ever had an issue.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #8
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think Bella pretty much has to have ss for nights, b/c she is a tummy sleeper.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #9
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileybai
Okay, that's weird. Our side snaps actually fit more snug than the front snaps and velcro. Do I have weird shaped kids? When I use the front closing dipes there always seems to be a gap at the top above the closure. No matter how tight I make it. The side snapping ones don't gap anywhere. Yep...my kids must be funny shaped.
I don't think you have funny shaped kids, ss gives us the best fit also. I don't do ss pockets overnight because the ones I have are so trim I can't put enough stuff in them for overnight.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #10
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean
I don't do ss pockets overnight because the ones I have are so trim I can't put enough stuff in them for overnight.
I think that's exactly it! SS diapers in general tend to be cut trimmer, especially through the crotch. That means for some kids that won't work for naps/nights. I don't think it's so much the closure as the cut of the dipe vs the shape and wetting power of the babe.

I use SS fitteds with no problems, but when I had SS pockets/AIOs I couldn't use them at night.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote