Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #21
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What type of Dr. does your LO see?

family practice. we all see the same dr.

we only go when we feel the need, and that does not include well child visits.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #22
MamaF
Registered Users

My Mood:

family practioner.....
Old 10-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #23
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

both my boys see a family dr...when we 1st moved to IL we had a ped, but after seeing him 1 or 2 times I changed because I did no care for him...so I switched ds1 over to my dr and than ds2 seen the ped on call in the hospital (my dr doesnt go to the hospital I delivered at ) and than we got him in with my dr. Im happy with our family dr we have
Old 10-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #24
Meg678
Registered Users
seller

We have a pediatrician but we never really go. We have chosen to not have health insurance. Doing so has made us stop turning to the doctor for every cough or sniffle or rash and we've found more natural ways to treat anything..and needless to say..we've pretty much stopped getting sick since we've chosen to go w/o health insurance. I read in an article a while back that getting sick is something like 60% psychological. When you know you have no doctor to go to, you stop getting sick and it's worked for us.

I think health insurance and medical costs are the biggest scam out there...completely rediculous that so many people get money stolen right out from under their noses. Plus, we save $200-$400 dollars per month and put it in a seperate savings account for medical things like having babies or broken bones (so far not any of those *crosses fingers*). And if we ever go to the hospital for anything, we get a DETAILED recept printed for us so we can have them immediatly take off the $12 box of Kleenex and the $7 miniature soaps.

The only insurance we will ever carry is Life and catostrophic (and of course vehicle).
Old 10-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #25
skueppers
Registered Users

We take our kids to a pediatrician. We also choose to vaccinate "on schedule," as I happen to think vaccination is a good thing.

My pediatrician is very breastfeeding friendly, is fine with taking a "wait and see" approach on ear infections, etc.

I am a "conventional medicine" kind of person, though -- I'd generally rather take (or give my kids) a pharmaceutical product rather than using alternative approaches.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #26
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

DD sees a ped that I really like. I can't say the same about some of the other peds in the same office but I do really like him. He's very pro-breastfeeding and okay with vaxxing on a delayed schedule. He has 5 kids of his own and was in the Army. He's practiced in a few developing countries which I think is neat. He also seems to stay up to date on the most current information.
Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #27
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we all go to our family doc, who is a D.O. - he is very supportive of a parent's choice; for example, he will circ if you want, but doesn't push it as a needed procedure; very ebf supportive & agrees with me that dd (7 months) is just fine - no need to push solids; will vax, do selective vax, delayed vax, or no vax & takes the time to discuss it in depth; his wife is his office manager & is verbally outspoken about the horrors of bucket seats & the BENEFITS & NEED for baby wearing, etc...

how did i find him? GOT LUCKY! my parents actually switched to him when i was still in high school b/c our family doc was retiring. so, he was chosen by my parents for me & they made a super smart choice! my entire family goes to him - my parents, both sets of grandparents, my sister, ex-brother in law, 5 sets of aunt & uncles, SIL & BIL - me, dh, ds, dd ... LOL i think half of my church goes to him, too!

ok - rave for my doc is over!

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #28
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

forgot to add: at ds' first well baby check up, he was nursing when doc walked into the room & doc sat down & said "do you mind if i measure his head while he's nursing? he's so relaxed & happy right now, he'll never mind the tape measure around his head." i, of course, didn't care, so he actually did most of that check up while ds was nursing

later i mentioned it to my friend & she thought it was weird for him to be so "close to my exposed boobs" while ds was nursing ... ummm, let's see, this is a very pro-bf family doctor who acts naturally around a natural function - what's weird about that? i was totally comfortable.

what would have made me uncomfortable would have been a doctor who walked in while i was nursing & looked away while apologizing or something - that's not natural, imo.

sorry for hijacking -

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #29
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

None, if there was an emg we would go to urgent care. Otherwise there is no reason IMO to bother with Dr's.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #30
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

We do see a Naturopathic Physician but before that we were not seeing any dr. I used to see a regular ped when my first son was younger but that was back when I used to vax. He hasn't been to a dr in years. I do get a little paranoid though about CPS and not taking my kids especially with people like Edwards and Hillary pushing for mandatory well baby visits on their universal healthcare programs and the lack of health freedom. My younger son has gone because he has had a couple problems that we needed help for.