Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
Persikka
Registered Users
Formerly: kjoslyn
seller

I was sidelined by my own DH at DD's appt

Ok, dd#2 had her appt yesterday (she was evauled in Jan for school). So, it was DH and I, with dd and the new Dr. I have no idea how we got so far off course... but DH turned it all around to being an intelligence issue (she is too far smart for her own good intelligence).. and DH thinks some of her behaviors/frustrations are coming from that. Ok - i get that - i won't even deny that. BUT... that addresses NONE of her other MANY issues (the major issues is social). DH wants to work on what we know we can hopefully eliminate, and go from there. :bang :bang :bang This is the FIRST he's even mentioned ANY of this to me :irked::irked::irked:

So now we have this name and number to a counselor to go see. I swear i feel like I'm going backwards - not forwards in the mystery that is dd#2.

Advertisement

Persikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: I was sidelined by my own DH at DD's appt

I don't know about your dd, but my son was also very intelligent (he still is, but has caught up in other areas), but was behind in other areas, like fine motor. He knew exactly what he wanted to draw, but couldn't do it, so he didn't draw, color or anything of the like. He also has social issues, so I understand where you are coming from. I'm sorry that your dh brought all of this up in front of a doc. I wish you well on your search, we're still on ours 3 years later. I may never know what he's all about, but at least I am (we are) trying, right!

*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
Persikka
Registered Users
Formerly: kjoslyn
seller

DD currently already recieves PT - as she has some pretty significant gross motor skill delays. I've been told, by numerous poeple (non-professionals, but those with some experience none the less) that she behaves a lot like those they know with aspergers, or pdd-nos, etc. I'm not full out saying she is... but i've been suspecting myself for a long while now - and to be shot down like that by DH in from of the Dr., before i even had a chance to open my mouth - is frustrating to me.

Persikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
AngelW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

maybe she's an indigo child?

Mommy to Nicholas Ryan
Born 02-22-07
AngelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

I think having a little chat with your DH is in order. You both need to be on the same page. While he may have some valid points, for heaven's sake, why didn't he bring them up and discuss with you before going in to the doctor? You might have had some time to research his theory, or come up with some questions or examples of things she does/doesn't do to either support or refute it. But either way, you must parent together, or you won't be able to help your DD as much as possible.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:02 AM   #6
lilyfish
Registered Users
seller

Err. What? Why did he wait until the doctor's appointment to discuss this with you? :/ That doesn't seem like very effective parenting, in my opinion.

Geez. Good luck, honey. I hope that things get easier with your sweet little girl.
~ emma goldman
lilyfish is offline   Reply With Quote