Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:
Crying Baby!!! HELP!!

Ok I'm at my wits end!! DS cries all the time. I never let him CIO and always carry him. Well lately he's gotten really bad and as soon as he feels I'm putting him he starts screaming. I can't be holding him all day because I also have DD to feed, change, play with. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm very sleepy, hungry tired. I have no energy. I just feel like I'm losing my mind. I feel like such a horrible mom!!

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #2
Rocket
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Crying Baby!!! HELP!!

Well, then let him CIO! It's not too bad, you know? I know it's personal preference but you don't have only him. You have another kid to take care of. We let our kids CIO and it lasted only a few days (a week at most). After that they learned that I would not hold them anymore. Kids (esp babies) learn VERY quickly. It's just us, mamas, that worry too much.

Good luck!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

Do you have a carrier? For tiny ones I prefer a pouch, for heavier ones, I love my gypsy mama wrap. I hate letting the babies cry, sometimes you have no choice, but for the most part, I prefer a fussy baby in a carrier.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
mclaybrook
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe it's the position you're putting him in.. maybe he needs to be propped up.. or in a Bumbo chair? My little girl is like that and is fine as long as she can see me. If I have the energy I'll carry her around in my Baby Bjorn.. it makes my back sore.. but, I use it when I'm desperate.
I let my 2nd son CIO and I don't regret it at all.. he goes to sleep on his own. My oldest son (now almost 4) was rocked to sleep every night by my DH until he was over 2 and he still needs his daddy to go to sleep.. makes naptime real fun since daddy's at work.. ahhh! I know what you are going through.. and it's rough.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
mclaybrook
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're not a horrible mom.. the fact that you are asking for help makes you a wonderful momma! Hang in there!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #6
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

I try everything. I put him in his swing, bouncer, Bumbo, jumper. I put him in his play gym and nothing seems to work. I need to be constantly holding him or he's not happy. I carry him in my wrap sometimes but there's certain things I can't do while he's in there. It's hard to try to cook or play with my other LO or change her while I'm carrying him. I hate for him to CIO because I feel horrible because he cries as if someones doing something horrible to him.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #7
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my ds is going through a bout of a crying phase but I think he may be teething-he's the same age as your guy- I basically either carry him-in a sling or my arms- or someone else does- I personally feel its a phase and just try to deal with it-my dd is almost 4 and we just do things all together-read books, play games ect that I can do while holding him

Last edited by saongiri; 10-10-2007 at 03:07 PM.
saongiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #8
life.sew.simple
Registered Users
Formerly: *home*mademama
seller

Red face Re: Crying Baby!!! HELP!!

I am going through the same thing and feel the same way. This is my 3rd child, he is 11 months old and I am starting to think it is BECAUSE I wear him in a wrap that he wants to be held all the time because my other 2 were not worn in wrap and they would play or be fine alone sometimes. Samuel is always hanging on me and has been this way for a while now and I began wearing him at birth. I really don't know what to say to help you but I can reassure you that you are not alone and these days will end quickly.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #9
mommy020507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

he seems like in my son age.. my son cries so many times and he have to see me.. so i think its the stage of possible seperate anxiety..

when he dont see me he cries.. when he sees me but im not holding him, he cries. everyone get tired of hear his tears. i have to keep postive in my mind, he likes to be in jumperoo but near me!!!!!!!!!! i put him down in playpen but where he can see me, and have toys surrounding him..

other possible, teething..

and let him to cry little but but not too much and distaught him with toys, talkin to him etc like that. take few seconds everytime and he will get used to be put down

Last edited by mommy020507; 10-10-2007 at 03:08 PM.
mommy020507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I've never experienced this with my own kids but I have a nephew who was like that. He was held all the time by mom, dad, big sis #1, big sis #2, big bro, or grandma. When his mom had to go back to work, she couldn't find anyone to watch him, because nobody else was willing to hold him all day long. But schedules worked out and dad, mom, or grandma was there for him. When he started walking he got a little better and by the time he was 2 he didn't have to be held much at all. So it will get better as time goes by. Just don't drive yourself crazy trying to keep him from crying at all. It won't hurt him to cry in a safe place for a few minutes while you do something.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote