Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

WAAAYYYYYY TMI!

But I have a serious question. Uh, it's rather embarassing

Well, last night I didn't feel real clean in my behind, so I went to the bathroom, and washed a bit by the sink. Still felt that same uncomfortable not-quite-clean feeling. So, as gross as it is (I have an issue with bums lol) I gave it a little feel, and I had a hemmoroid! I have NEVER had one before, and I was telling a friend today, and she told me that was a very early sign of pregnancy, but I never heard that. Anyone else hear that?

Advertisement

Old 07-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #2
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Re: WAAAYYYYYY TMI!

I was told that you can get them during pregnancy due to the pressure that is put on you "down there", lol. not sure if it is specific to early pregnancy or not. I have them and it is just because when I was preggo with ds I had constipation issues. Mine NEVER go away, they get better, they get worse, but they are always there. sorry. get some witch hazel and soak a cloth wipe with it and put it on, it will help it feel better.

they are no fun.

do you think you might be preggo??? you can get them even if you are not, but if you suspect I would go and get a test.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

I slept with a soaked wipe there last night lol

I'm only 5 dpo, so even if I *were* this month, it would be EXTREMELY early..too mearly to test especially. i think she was just saying that to get me going, but since I've never had one, I figured I'd ask if anyone else has heard that. I've got tests on the way though I'll be at testing time just in time for thier arrival
Old 07-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

A 'roid, as I understand it, would't be caused by an early pregnancy but rather when the baby gets larger and puts all the pressure down there. I have never heard of them being a symptom of early pg, it just doesn't make any sense. However, you may have actually gotten it/ them with your last pregnancy, and they grew since then. Or, if you have had poop issues lately, you can get them from that as well. You can have them taken care of by your dr if they get really bad.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Yeah, not really a symptom of early pregnancy. I have some now - or it actually might be colon prolapse, I'm not sure, LOL. I have to take another feel soon and see if I can get my doc to look at it. ANYWAY, I never got them through my whole pg with my son - then after he was delivered the nurse asked me if I "had those before? 'Cause you have hemrrhoids now." I never felt them - they went away by the time I felt for them.
This time there is something wrong with my booty - could be rhoids or what I had said above. Most likely it just means you need more fiber or need to be more regular, KWIM? A lot of the time women get them during pg because they either are constipated or just the general pressure on the area (like Jessica said). Not unusual during early pregnancy, but usually comes with later pregnancy.

Last edited by Kimmomy2dom; 07-23-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

Nope. Something that happens during pregnancy or delivery. They can stay.....sorry.

Hey, the preggo strips I'm sending you can test 6 days before your next period....didn't know if you knew that! They're way better than the store ones that are 25 miU's or whatever.

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The one and ONLY time I've had one was after my 5th baby and I pushed for 45 mins. w/ an epidural. I only pushed for a few mins. with my other kids, literally, 3-4 pushes MAX. and I wasn't used to pushing for so long I guess. I didn't know what it was at first, it was just plain PAINFUL! I asked my friends online and they said it was a hemmroid! UGH! I got some of the Aloe Prep-H and Dermoplast spray and was good till it went away about a month later. There is also an Rx you can use. Frequent sitz baths are recommended too. I've never heard of that as an early pregnancy symptom either, good luck though!!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #8
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

My country-girl, born-in-1930, worked-as-a-nurse-for-shell-shocked-WWII-GI's Grandma puts it . . . "Girls, I'm sorry I took so long in the bathroom . . .

. . . my rose was blooming!"

Old 07-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had them too...but it was always further along in my pregnancy when they showed up. Mostly I think due to constipation and stain. I hate them!!!

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #10
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmomkatie
My country-girl, born-in-1930, worked-as-a-nurse-for-shell-shocked-WWII-GI's Grandma puts it . . . "Girls, I'm sorry I took so long in the bathroom . . .

. . . my rose was blooming!"

OMG!