Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:31 AM   #21
Reetzi
Registered Users
seller

Re: RhoGam RH-

Have you gotten the shot before? I'm not understanding why this is suddenly an issue with the 6th pregnancy, especially since they all have the same father.

I'm negative and all three of my boys are negative also. Since my husband is positive, though, I'll be getting the shot. The chance that my body would kill the fetus isn't worth it to me not to get it.

Advertisement

Reetzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:59 AM   #22
Twoplussixis8
Registered Users
Formerly: granolamama5
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reetzi View Post
Have you gotten the shot before? I'm not understanding why this is suddenly an issue with the 6th pregnancy, especially since they all have the same father.

I'm negative and all three of my boys are negative also. Since my husband is positive, though, I'll be getting the shot. The chance that my body would kill the fetus isn't worth it to me not to get it.
Yes I have gotten the shot before. It's not an issue just educating myself before I agree to the shot. In the past with this shot I just agreed and didn't read up on the shot much after educating myself with many different issues lately when it comes to tests, vaccines, shots procedures I'm educating myself before I agree to anything for myself and my children.

Gluten-free "LIVING" can be a pleasant experience with a "good attitude"

http://glutenfreefoodsrock.blogspot.com/
Twoplussixis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #23
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

My mother was a labor/delivery RN in the days before the shot. She is really still so moved that it was available for me (I'm Rh-), because she saw so many babies born with (best case) severe hearing problems to (worst case) hopelessly terminal babies and stillbirths. She had a friend who lost a couple of babies and finally saved another one with regular total blood transfusions (the treatment that became available shortly before Rhogam was). She is very granola and hands-off when it comes to medical interventions, especially regarding pregnancy and birth, but is 100% behind Rhogam.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote