Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
jpicasso
Registered Users
seller

Bleeding question...

Is there a way to tell the difference between random spotting, implantation bleeding, and miscarriage?

I'm honestly not sure where I would be on my cycle, I've never really paid attention to it. I got my last AF in the third week of September I think, but I can't remember for sure. 3 days ago I got a BFP (5 of them, yes I had lots of tests to use up ) This morning I had some mild cramping and about 2 hours ago I started bleeding. Sorry if it's TMI, but it's very light bleeding, brownish pink and kind of mucusy. I took another PG test and there is still a positive but the line is very light.

I know it could be nothing but I'm a little worried. I didn't have any bleeding during my first PG, and during my second I had spotted a little bit around 5 or 6 weeks but it didn't last more than a couple of hours.

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bleeding question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpicasso View Post
Is there a way to tell the difference between random spotting, implantation bleeding, and miscarriage?

I'm honestly not sure where I would be on my cycle, I've never really paid attention to it. I got my last AF in the third week of September I think, but I can't remember for sure. 3 days ago I got a BFP (5 of them, yes I had lots of tests to use up ) This morning I had some mild cramping and about 2 hours ago I started bleeding. Sorry if it's TMI, but it's very light bleeding, brownish pink and kind of mucusy. I took another PG test and there is still a positive but the line is very light.

I know it could be nothing but I'm a little worried. I didn't have any bleeding during my first PG, and during my second I had spotted a little bit around 5 or 6 weeks but it didn't last more than a couple of hours.

Sometimes it can be nothing. If you had sex or an internal exam, sometimes those cause bleeding. I had a period with my first pregnancy for 2 months, so I am kinda weird.
You can have a + pregnancy test for up to 2 weeks after m/c, sometimes longer.
A m/c will cause severe cramping. {Think early labor}. I think you should call your doctor{ob} and maybe go by the ER just to make sure. They can sometimes give you a shot if you are just having low hormones and that can save the pregnancy. They can also reassure you if there is nothing to worry about. I would definitely call your OB's office and have a doctor call you back. {or midwife}.

Are you bleeding or spotting? {Bleeding like starting your period?} Spotting is when you wipe and there is some on the toliet paper or alittle drop or so on your undies.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

I forgot to give these....

Bleeding any time during pregnancy is scary!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

Yes, definitely call your OB or midwife. , Mama. Hang in there and keep us updated!
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #5
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Bumping to get an update! How are you doing mama?