Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:

Does anyone have a good comparison of the two? I have a bunch of BG1.0 and my 21 month old dd has always done great in them. They are wearing out though, so I need to replace part of my stash for the new baby. He was already 9.5 lbs at his 2 week check-up, and his KL0 and BSWW do nothing for him, he pees right through them in one take I have been using some BG on him, and he still soaks through those, but not as bad, and I think it is mostly because he is still on the small side for them.

I was planning on heading to cotton babies tomorrow to get some more BG but I am wondering if I should try something new?

greenmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: HH OS or BG OS

I have some BG 2.0s and I just got the HHOS. The BG work well for us, I need to try the HH a couple more times to see if I'll be getting more or not. My first reaction was that I liked my sized HH better than the OS. My ds is a big boy, 19 pounds at 4 months and is in the M HHs and can wear the BGs on the middle or biggest setting, it seems like he might be in between settings on the HH OS.
Nadia, SAHMama to dd 7 , ds 5.5 , and ds 3 and someone new in april
nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I was always so happy with the BGs. My son wore them as well and we loved them until he just grew out of the one size! Now we are happily in pfs and wool. But I would buy the Bgs again if i needed a pocket dipe! I had the 1.0s also and just loved them!
irisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #4
My Mood:

I was thinking about this, too. We're expecting #4 soon and I'm trying to decide what kind of OS dipes to get (I want to use them exclusively after about 3 months). I ordered one HHOS and have been using it and our other BG 2.0's on my 2 year old... both of them fit her great. Seems like HH's have a lot more room to grow though. They are both very trim. If you want I can get some comparison pics; but again it's on a 2 year old, not a newbie. I think I will probably get an even number of each.. I love them both! I think if I had to pick one over the other, I'd chose HHOS because they seem like they'll fit longer AND they come with 2 inserts, instead of the folded down (bulky!) BG OS insert.
Blaire, who is mamax4 now:
Penelope & Lola (4), Margot (3) and Henry (1)
6 on the road
mamax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
Registered Users

I think the HHOS has a larger size range...DS1 is still on the middle snap setting on it, but he's had the bg OS unsnapped all the way for a while now. (He still wears a medium in sized HH as well, and a large in bg aio's.) I kind of think that the HH might hold up better in the long run, but I guess it's hard to say for sure. I really like both! I'd say get a few of both of them, just to have some variety...and you never know, what works for your older DC might not work for the younger one.
Melissa - Mom to Preston 1/1/06 and Bryton 9/3/07
Decluttered: 12 bags & boxes. $278!
Get paid to take free surveys! $6 welcome survey!
LissAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
Registered Users

We love our HH OS, But like other ppl said I also think they run a little big. My DS is about 17 lbs at 3 months and 28 inches long and can still fit in the small setting, whereas the small HHs are too small. I do like that they now have the xs snaps on them which might fit a small newborn well, esp with the cross over tabs. I like the look of HH's better, although I've never tried BG, but I think they might hold up longer, the velcro tabs are bigger and I think a little stronger. Just my

Here's my little man, for comparison, so you can see what they look like.

Megan..WAHM, married to my love since 7/3/04. Breastfeeding, delayed/selective vaxing, semi-crunchy mamma to E 7/5/07, and O our princess born via successful VBAC on 4/9/10!
meganb is offline   Reply With Quote