Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #11
mimid
Registered Users
seller

Re: When someone else is watching dc...?

I have some sposies that I always have on hand (from the hospital) and some VB AIOs. I pretty mich tell them they can use sposies, but these are just like them except you toss into the diaper pail. I don't plan on buying more sposies when these run out or are outgrown.

Advertisement

mimid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #12
DiaperJunction
Registered Users

My kids rarely stay with anyone, but when they do my sister watches them. She is *awesome* and will use the cloth, even the prefolds if needed. ;-)

I've been trying to keep all the easy diapers clean for her as she'll be watching the kids while I'm off having the new baby. I have them all stuffed and ready, she'll just have to put a liner in them. I did ask her if she wants me to buy a pack of sposies and she said no, she'll use the cloth.

In your case, I would just ask what they want to use and be accomodating. If they say they'll use cloth, get some liners they can flush away incase of BM.
DiaperJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #13
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depends who. My daycare does cloth. She just throws the dipes, wipes and all, in to a plastic bag and I deal with all of it at home. As she says, it's not different then 'sposies for her. The couple of teenagers who have babysit, I have had do the same. My MIL, I leave 'sposies. My parents, I left it up to them. My SIL, I left 'sposies.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #14
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My family, mom and grandma, uses cloth. Dbf mom and Dbf don't. But I am not planning on buying any more sposies so he will have to if wants to use them.
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #15
aliks
Registered Users
seller

I don't know if it counts but only dh has been left alone with our son. We don't have family nearby and I don't trust anyone to watch him. Next month we're going to our hometown and mil will watch Tony while we have a date night, she cd'd her kids so I don't think she'll have a problem with the "new" cd's. I don't even know what size sposie Tony would wear
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:53 AM   #16
kellypillar
Registered Users

Our church nursery won't take a child in cloth. They depend on volunteers, and there's a different person in there every week, so it's too complicated (I guess) to manage. So sposies for church.

Babysitters and family use cloth. I leave prestuffed bG and tell them to put poopy ones on top of the washer for me to take care of later. I figure that's no more complicated, and exposes more folks to the coolness of modern CDing.
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #17
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Cloth. I use pockets, and just have them stuffed and ready for who ever is watching my kids. I have the reg. ones out, and set aside night time dipes too. I just got wool, and some fitteds, and plan on using those for night, so that will be one more thing for them to remember. I tell them that if ds poops, they can rinse it with the diaper sprayer, or just leave it and I'll take care of it. My 14 yo sister can handle the poopy ones, so I figure anyone can
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #18
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use pre-stuffed pockets when others care for him- dh, grandma, church nursery volunteers, when he went to daycare, etc. They put the dirty in a wet bag and I deal with it when we get home. Sposies are *not* an option for me.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #19
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i havent left my son with anyone, but there isnt an option, theyre getting cloth too, i dont care who pays for it, i dont want him in sposies, and thats not up to someone else to do whatever they want with my child, thats trying to undermine my authority over him, but like i said, IMO! lol
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:32 PM   #20
DakotasMommy
Registered Users

Ive only had Dakota watched twice. Once by my Monster in law and another time by my 18 yr old neighbor while I went grocery shopping. Both times I only had cloth available. I figure, with the new cloth (we use daisy doodles), its not any more difficult to use cloth than disposables. When my Monster in law watched him, I provided her with one of those new larger zip lock bags for the used dipies, and it worked great. She didnt complain at all (unusual for her.. she complains about everything), and when my neighbor sat for me, she did so at my house, I just showed her where everything was, and she was cool w/it.
I agree with the previous poster who said your wishes should be followed. It is YOUR child, you are the mother, and it is up to you to make decisions that you feel are best for your child.
Its not mean to stick to your guns.... Its protective, and motherly.