Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #21
HappyCDMamainWI
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When someone else is watching dc...?

My mom is usually the only one who watches her. She buys her own sposies for her house. But if she watches her here, she'll use cloth. Weird. MIL will use whatever I bring. She likes the 'new' cloth.

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #22
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Well, we are leaving Aydin with a sitter for the first time ever (!) tonight. He will be in cloth; we don't buy sposies. I'll show her the pail to put wet diapers in, and poopies I'll just let her leave in my bathroom, and I'll take care of it when we get home. Actually, we don't plan on being gone long, so unless he poops, he shouldn't need to be changed at all, provided that I remember to put a fresh diaper on him just before we leave.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #23
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not many people watch my kids. My MIL watches them alot just because they like to go over there and she enjoys watching them. I take cloth if she is just watching for a couple hours or something. If she were to watch overnite i would probly take her some sposies. Her husband ended up watching my kids one day cause MIL had to run out somewhere and he even used the cloth if i had known he was gonna be the one to end up watching them i might have brought sposies for him but he used the FBs that were in the bag and he even got a horrible poop from my dd and he rinsed the entire thing out and layed it on the balcony to dry. So after that if figured if he can do it anyone can I tell them to just leave the poop for me to deal with but he said he hated to let it sit like that.

I go to the Ymca alot and i always take cloth. But i actually dont' think they've ever had to change her. I always make sure i leave her with a clean dry dipe and i'm NEVER working out more than 2hrs and LUCKILY she has never pooped there so they've not had to deal with it. But they know theres only cloth in the bag and they never complained about it. I only use HHs for other people. They are easy as a sposie with the aplix and all if you have them ready and prestuffed
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:40 PM   #24
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a sahm, so I don't need childcare very often. When I do, it's usually only for a few hours or so. I use prestuffed pockets in those instances, and expect others to too. My MIL CD her babies in cloth and can't believe how far cloth has come My own mom OTOH, thinks I'm constantly making things too hard on myself (4 kids, BF, CD etc) , but has to use whatever I leave/ have out as well.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:06 PM   #25
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

If someone's watching my child, they're going to follow my rules. Cloth only. I would have a cow if I came home to find my poor DS' little butt broken out because someone put a disposable on him!

The same applies for babyfood (once he starts it, anyway). If I were to come home to find someone feeding him out of a jar, I'd have a fit.

These are reasons why my mother will never watch my son. My MIL and SIL definitely will, though, because they respect me enough to understand that it's my child, my rules.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote