Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

I get another ultrasound! UPDATE!

So if you will remember, last time I went to the doctor(15w) I was losing my medical insurance so he promised me an ultrasound to check on the babe. We had one and the gender check was not very reassuring. She thought she saw a penis when she was measuring and then when we went back for the actual gender check big bird was not cooperating and we couldnt' get a good shot but she peeked from just behind her head down the length of her body between her legs and didn't see a penis so she said 70% girl. Well my MIL works at an imaging place that does mri, ultrasound, xrays, etc and she got me an appt tomorrow afternoon for a quick gender check for free!!!! So now I'm 21 1/2 w and going for another ultrasound to confirm gender! I'm so excited. We've been calling big bird a girl and planning for a girl(the very little buying I've done) just for lack of anything else and now we get to really confirm it and I get to feel a little better about this pregnancy since I dont' have insurance and haven't been to the doc in 2 months! I'm very very excited! So wish me open leg vibes around 2:30pm EST tomorrow!

Okay so we went! And AGAIN we couldnt' be 100% positive! This little one shocked both technicians by being super active(it felt like a calm day but they actually asked if I'd had sugar before going since she was all over the place!) and is apparently sitting upright(breech) on my bladder so it was difficult to get a good shot. BUT we are about 90% positive it's a little girl like I thought! I'm VERY happy! I am off to look at girly wool!!!!! This is my third girl and I couldn't be happier! Thanks so much for the thoughts everyone!

Advertisement

Last edited by 3rockstars; 10-11-2007 at 08:51 PM.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I get another ultrasound!

Mama no insurance?! What are you going to do?? Can you get something by edd?? How stressful for you! I hope you can find out tomorrow- I know I couldn't stand it if I didn't konw.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Open leg vibes---goodluck mama,how exciting!!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how exciting about the ultrasound!! i agree though- it'd be stressful without insurance! can you get it through the state? they would probably go back and cover fees since you found out you were pregnant. might be different in your state-dunno. hopefully you can figure something out!! GL tomorrow! i can't wait to hear how things go!!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

thats awesome!!! lots of open leg vibes for your baby!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #6
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

AWESOME...cooperate little baby, you hear?
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

my Lana hasnt cooperated either. We still at 29w3d DONT have a clear

"IM A GIRL"

shot, but we DONT have any "im a boy" shots either. All with closed legs. The only thing i have is that the 3d lady said she was 75% then pretty sure shes a girl. i get u/s every 6-8w anyway- so Oct 17th i hope for another sneak peek.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #8
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama, you shouldn't be without doctor checkups. Go to the welfare office and apply for Pregnancy Medicaid. Their cut off income levels for qualification is very high compared with regular medicaid (I believe it's actually higher than for WIC but don't hold me to that). And that will cover your entire pregnancy, any doctor bills you incurred in the last three months before applying, birth, six week pp visit, and baby from birth to one year. It's what I ended up doing. I applied for it after I left my job last pregnancy but when I looked at their income charts for my state, even with my husband making 14/hour FT and me making 8.50/hour FT we would've qualified with both of us working. But! It's awsome that you get to have another u/s. Open leg vibes ~~~/\~/\~/\~/\~~~(those are the vibes)
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

I hope that you can clearly see what your little one is! I think it is so exciting to know and prepare!

Good Luck! Let us know what you find out!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #10
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Thanks for all the vibes! I am going to have insurance in about a month I think. I pick up my 4th check at work tomorrow so on Friday I can finally go file(you need 4weeks of paystubs) for medicaid. It takes a few weeks to approve you and get your stuff set up so maybe in a month or so I should have medical. Otherwise if that bombs I will probably look for a homebirth midwife in my area. My husband is absolutely 100% against it so we were going to go with a birth center birth even though I'd much prefer a homebirth. I'm hoping I can find someone with a payment plan because otherwise I'm not sure what I'm going to do. But I'm trying to stay positive that medicaid will cover the baby and I and my oldest daughter(who is without medical as well). At least cover the birth and pedi visit. That will take the brunt of the cost out of my hands at least! But thanks for the concern mama's. So far I've watched my blood pressure(pre-e with second pregnancy) at the free screening machines at wal-mart at least bi-weekly and I am getting a free ultrasound at MIL's office tomorrow and I'm pretty knowledgeable through lots of online reading and book reading about what I need to watch for(not to mention, btdt twice before!). So I'm staying on top of this and making sure that lack of prenatal visits doesnt' affect my health or the baby's health!