Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
elienai
Registered Users
Formerly: Desert_Rose
seller
seller

Maybe TMI but I "touched" my baby's head!

Advertisement

Last edited by elienai; 02-14-2011 at 09:21 AM.
elienai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Maybe TMI but I "touched" my baby's head!

How cool ! That would be so neat

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

wow mama, sounds like your close!
i think if you can feel the babys head, he has dropped! goodluck!!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
elienai
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last edited by elienai; 02-14-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
staceycanada
Registered Users

My Mood:

How awesome. Time to try some of the tried and true methods of bringing on labor. Walking, belly dancing, sex, a drive down a bumpy road, etc.

I would stay away from the castor oil, all it did for me was give me the s****s at 3 in the morning.

Lots of fuzzies that you will be meeting your little one really soon.
staceycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
Mommy2bagain
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful_mama View Post
I am 40 weeks today and so anxious to have this little one in my arms. This is my 5th and the other 4 were born with a CNM in a hospital. This is the first that is going to be born at home.

This one I have not been checked so I don't know how advanced I am. I have been having prelabor for 3 weeks now which is normal for me. I dread the thought of going another week or so seeing as I am so uncomfortable.

I have never been able to reach "up there" to check myself but after doing some more reading I finally figured it out. My cervix is defiantly effaced, but I can't tell how much. I also can't figure out about how many centimeters dilated I am. I do know that I touched my baby's head and when I did, baby moved!! What an awesome feeling to have touched my baby's head.

At my last appt a couple days ago my midwife said baby is still high. I have another appt this Tuesday. She said if I haven't had baby by then, then we will start talking about other options. She mentioned castor oil and stripping the membranes. I know for a fact that I will not do castor oil. I've had my membranes stripped before but I don't know how effective that is since I dilate and efface so well naturally.

Any ideas on how to avoid the castor oil and stripping? I really don't want to go down that road.

FYI: I'm pretty sure this one is a boy and I have heard/been told they like to stay in a little bit longer.

Here is a quick run down of my other children:

#1 DD was born at 39w 1d after my water "broke" a little and I naturally started having contractions.

#2 DS was born at 39w 4d after I was walking around at 7cm and 80%. They admitted me into the hospital and broke my water.

#3 DD was born at 39w 2d when I naturally started having contractions. I was 6cm with her.

#4 DD was born at 38w after they broke my water. They said she was big. She was my largest weighing in at 9 lbs 13 ozs. I think I was also 6cm with her too.

Wow good luck hopefully your little one comes soon How did you learn to check your own cervix?
Mommy2bagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #7
mengmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Isn't that the most beautiful thing ever?!?! I LOVED being able to feel dd's head.

How many fingers (if you are using more than one) can you touch baby with? Can two fingers spread apart?
Old 10-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
Twoplussixis8
Registered Users
Formerly: granolamama5
seller

My Mood:

How did you learn to check your own cervix?[/QUOTE]

best way to do it when hugely pregnant is to sit on the toilet with one foot on the floor and one up on the seat of the toilet. Put two fingers in and go back towards your bum. The cervix in a pregnant woman feels like your lips puckered up into a kiss. On a non-pregnant woman it feels like the end of your nose. When it is dilating, one finger slips into the middle of the cervix easily (just like you could slide your finger into your mouth easily if you are puckered up for a kiss). As the dilation progresses the inside of that hole becomes more like a taught elastic band and by 5 cms dilated (5 fingerwidths) it is a perfect rubbery circle like one of those Mason jar rings that you use for canning, and about that thick.

"What's in the centre of that opening space is the membranes (bag of waters) that are covering the baby's head and feel like a latex balloon filled with water. If you push on them a bit you'll feel the baby's head like a hard ball (as in baseball). If the waters have released you'll feel the babe's head directly."

Gluten-free "LIVING" can be a pleasant experience with a "good attitude"

http://glutenfreefoodsrock.blogspot.com/
Twoplussixis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #9
rlsadc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ugh castor oil

i mixed it with coke...big mistake. just do it straight if it does come down to that...but

sending labor vibes your way mama!

rlsadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #10
elienai
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last edited by elienai; 02-14-2011 at 09:19 AM.