Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
idigchaitea
Registered Users
seller

How do I carry a 5 month old in a MT?

Just got my first MT off FSOT! My 5 mo DS's legs are still too short to hang out the sides, but he seems too big for the froggy position (which he wasn't too fond of). Is it possible to fold the bottom in a little, making it tapered so his legs will hang out better? Maybe the MT is too big? hmmm...

Advertisement

*28 year old mama to Josiah Liam, born 05.19.2007, Jonas Elliot, my dove in heaven, stillborn at 40 weeks 03.12.2009* www.jonaselliot.blogspot.com , and my rainbow baby Julien Reese 11.04.2010 *Married to Zac 06.11.2005*
idigchaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #2
katmarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I carry a 5 month old in a MT?

Try tying the bottom of the body with a ribbon or something so it's not so wide.
katmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm struggling with how exactly to word this, so bear with me. Your child's legs to not need to be long enough so that they bend at the knee when in the mei tai. What they do is curve around your body, which may seem like it would be uncomfortable but apparently isn't. I would try front carrying your LO and see if he seems uncomfortable. Other than that, you can try just squishing the carrier in where his legs come out. What I have found with most carriers is that a little practice goes a long way, and that your child will let you know if it isn't working for you.

This a link I like for different MT carries.
http://www.kozycarrier.homestead.com/instructions.html
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
LianasMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I carry my 5 month old in the MT like Sillymama said, her legs are wrapped around me, sort of like she is sitting on my hip but moved around to the front and spread wider. She likes that position and falls asleep that way frequently. I got it initially thinking she would be able to face out but like you said her legs wouldn't fit. I decided to just use a wrap when she wants to face out.
LianasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
alisha_roseleip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They also make several adjustable based MT's like the silly goose that allow the width of the bottom of the carrier to grow with the baby! I love ours and have been carrying dd in the legs out position for 2+ months now and she seems to love it and it looks much more comfy than my BH was. If you would like pics please pm me and I will send you some since dd is 5 mo or so
It is not out of meanness or rudeness but it is not yours unless you ask for paypal address or you ask me to hold it for you because we are working on a deal. Asking for more pics does not mean we are in the middle of a deal
alisha_roseleip is offline   Reply With Quote