Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

When someone else is watching dc...?

...do you leave them in cloth or sposies? I'm sure it depends on who, but we only leave our kids with my aunt or just recently, with a trusted babysitter from church. I don't know if I should expect them to use cloth or not? I pretty much only use AIO's so they are just as easy as a sposie, but I always get afraid of them having to deal with #2 in the diaper and how much it will confuse/gross them out. What do you do?

Advertisement

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:52 AM   #2
ewebabymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When someone else is watching dc...?

Cloth. I must be mean because even though they are watching my children, I expect them to follow my wishes/rules. My wishes include using cloth diapers. They are no harder to use and if they don't want to deal with the poopy ones I tell them they can just leave them in the bathtub and I will deal with them when I get home. Anyone that watches my kids (only my in-laws and my parents) know that if they won't use cloth they can spend their own money on sposies.
ewebabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

Depends here. Until we get stable enough for me to be a SAHM, DS is in daycare while I work. I send sposies to daycare, mostly because I don't have a big enough CD stash to not have to do laundry every day if he's wearing cloth all day. Plus, honestly, I'm a little scared to ask them to use them. The daycare he's at is GREAT, and I don't want to rock the boat.

When my mom or sisters babysit, he's in cloth. They don't mind it at all. My sil is ok with cloth as well.

When my mil babysits, I leave him in cloth but come home to sposies. She brings her own. She thinks the cloth is cute, but for some reason hates to use them, even though we have FB's already stuffed so they are just as easy as sposies. I've told her she can just leave dirty ones in the bathroom and I'll take care of poop or whatever, but I can't get through to her. She won't use my homemade babyfood either. She always buys her own and brings it. At least she buys organic, so I can't complain too much about that. Ah, well.
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

cloth is the only option at my house i guess if they were really against it they could spend their money on sposies
Old 07-24-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

as far as i'm concerned that's what aio's, prestuffed pockets or fitteds w/covers are for!!! i haven't had to deal with this yet, but will in the future i'm sure.

and i guess if they were jerks about it they just won't watch my child, or buy their own sposies....if he doesn't get a rash from them. if i came home to my child in a sposie and a rash that wasn't there before all heck would probably break loose....call me a B if you want LOL.

so my vote...aio's or 2's, prestuffed pockets, fitteds and covers...sposies if THEY buy and dc can handle em.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

My mom is the only one that ever watches dd, and she knows how to work our cloth, but I just tell her to leave poops in a plastic garbage sack. But, if she is going to watch her for an entire day, I'd just give her sposies.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cloth, but we're mostly pockets so it's not that difficult, 'specially since I prestuff. Most of the people that I would have babysit think our cloth is really cool.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #8
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

Cloth. Other than dh, dd is only been watched by my mom and in the nursery at church. My mom was a little hesitant at first but after one change she auctally said that they (fb) were easier than sposies! I always send a bumgenius to church, but they've only changed her once!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #9
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i could have started this thread the other day when my aunt kept cadence for me...i packed cloth. i did the easiet on top of everything and put her pjs in her night dipe and stuffed all the poeckets n jsut told them put them in a bag and iwill take care of em later....
Old 07-24-2006, 10:50 AM   #10
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

It depends on who I leave them with. This weekend my mother in law watched the kids and she was fine using PFs with a snappi and cover, for my husband and parents I leave prestuffed pockets (hubby prefers Aplix) or put a fitted with a cover-- my bestfriend came over to help me pack on Friday night and she had a blast using a few of each-- amazed at how easy they could be.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote