Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #11
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
My Mood:
Re: I don't wanna give her a bottle!! Wah!

I actually think the only positive thing about me having a low supply is that DH gets to feed DS on his days off. I love that he's able to have that expirence that he probably wouldn't have had if I were about to EBF.

Tiffani wife of Wes 11/16/02, Partner of Jamie and David
SAHM to Xander 4/5/06, Jaime 1/20/09,
and Malcolm 11/15/10
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:26 AM   #12
Registered Users

My ds has never had a bottle, he is 11 mo old. We tried once or twice when he was around 4 mos and I was going back to work, but he refused, so we worked aorund it, with me going home to feed him if I had to work a full day. We started him on a sippy cup with help early - 4-5 months. We used the cheap take and toss cups with just the holes in the top, and he would take water out of it (but never breastmilk). He would rather go hungry than get milk from something other than his mommy...
It was a little stressful when I left him - I would always worry that he was starving, and would hurry home as soon as I could, and sometimes go home on lunches if I had to, but I am still glad to have not forced him...

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: s**wski
My Mood:

I could post the exact same thing. I don't wanna give mine a bottle either. I am going back to work full time though next week. There is no way for me to go to the sitter's and nurse her either. It takes 20 min to get there from work and I'm a teacher. So that's my whole lunch. Just wanyed to let you know that you're not alone!

ebutterfly782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #14
Registered Users

Just wanted you to know that I had to go back to work when my ds was 4 months and I had to pump and give bottles because I was teaching then too. I didn't really want to do it; but had to because of finances. I loved pumping for him though because I knew it was something that I could do for him while at work. I pumped the whole school year for him and he still nursed like a champ until he self weaned at 18 months. Maybe some of your fear is that it might mean the end of your nursing relationship, I think that was part of it for me. I was glad that Noah continued so long. It was more work than just nursing at home like I'm doing now, but in the end totally worth it to be giving him breastmilk that whole time. So, if worse comes to worst, and you have to use bottles, have no fear that it will end nursing, you can continue as long as you want! Good luck to you and good job for going back to school, it sends a positive message to your child that you value education.
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 AM   #15
Registered Users

Ohh, I've been through this. The hardest was with my 4 y.o., who didn't want the bottle, either. However, even though the daycare was in the same school as I taught, she wouldn't wait till my breaks to be hungry, and would scream and scream. Finally, she gave in and took the bottle; we were both a lot happier! My suggestion: teach the baby how to get used to the bottle before you start back to work. See which nipple shape is easiest for both of you. And once you've pumped and seen success a couple of times, it will get easier. Unless you can afford to stay home, it's probably better to have food available than have a baby screaming with hunger while you're gone.
Linda -- proud mom of Rachel (20), Joshua (15), Elisheva (7), and Moshe (3), and 2 wonderful grown stepdaughters.
momof4 is offline   Reply With Quote