Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #11
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Sore that won't heal...

I just asked a homeopathic friend about this.

She said that feeding him Yogurt (she claims Yobaby is best) will help him heal faster.

She also SWEARS that if you put plain Yogurt on his sore parts that it will help too. I will admit to thinking that sounds a little strange, but, I have no idea really. I like the cotton pad idea though. It might be worth a try.

Advertisement

escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #12
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage

She said that feeding him Yogurt (she claims Yobaby is best) will help him heal faster.

She also SWEARS that if you put plain Yogurt on his sore parts that it will help too. I will admit to thinking that sounds a little strange, but, I have no idea really. I like the cotton pad idea though. It might be worth a try.
I'm going out later and I'll pick some Yobaby up (I think I only have Dannon) and try that. Thank you!
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #13
Willys Woolies
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage

That's because yogurt with active yogurt cultures, especially acidophilus, will help to cure it if it's a yeast based rash. It's also excellent when your child has Rotavirus too which struck me as odd because when your child has massive diarreha you were always taught to stay away from any dairy, but the hospital had us feed DS lots of yogurt when he was really ill with Rotavirus and it did seem to help! Yogurt is also helpful for yeast infections in women. It's great to eat some every day and I know that some have used it internally to help cure a yeast infection, though that never seemed to work for me!
Willys Woolies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #14
emmiebaur
Registered Users
seller

My DD has some sores like that, and when we took her in to the Dr this morning, he said it was impetigo. It's just on her bottom, but we're treating it with an anti-biotic cream. He was also impressed that I was using cloth diapers and said that would help (but we already know that, don't we?).
emmiebaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:37 PM   #15
emmiebaur
Registered Users
seller

My DD has some sores like that, and when we took her in to the Dr this morning, he said it was impetigo. It's just on her bottom, but we're treating it with an anti-biotic cream. He was also impressed that I was using cloth diapers and said that would help (but we already know that, don't we?).
emmiebaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:02 PM   #16
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmiebaur
Oh boy, it's a good thing you caught it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think impetigo spreads and is contagious?
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:35 PM   #17
Voltige
Registered Users
seller

My son had a sore on his penis- just like you describe. Nothing worked until I bathed him in just plain water several times a day (no soap, no nothing) and let him air dry. If I had to diaper him, I used only cotton, no cover. No cream, no ointments. It went from looking awful for 5 days (while I was trying creams, etc) to being completely healed in 36 hours after I stopped everything but water and air!

Hope he feels better soon!
Voltige is offline   Reply With Quote