Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

What's CP look like IRL?

I think that LeEna *may* have chicken pox. But the only pictures I've seen are like at 5 days after outbreak, and I can only find clear pictures on REALLY pro-vax sites that show kids just covered and rotting away from it. She's had cold symptoms for that last three days or so, some flat bug bite looking things yesterday, today some of them look more like spider bites with the little head thingy in the center, and there are more. She was itchy as heck earlier, but some oatmeal bathing and baking soda paste took most f the itch away. I can't for the life of me remember what cp looks like at the beginning...Anyone got good pic links or some experience with this?? I know ALL about cp...just not what it looks like at the beginning lol

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's CP look like IRL?

Sounds like chicken pox. The little head thingy in the center is what is making it sound that way. Did she have a low grade fever with this? I bet it is cp. Sorry I can't help with the pics, but just going on your description. Hope she feels better soon.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
mommypooh
Registered Users

Hey where are you located at??? I am in need of chicken pox.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypooh
Hey where are you located at??? I am in need of chicken pox.

LMBO!!

I have tried ot expose my kids to CP soo many times.... I was nver lucky enough... LOL

Wow that makes mesoundlike a horrible mom huh??
Old 07-25-2006, 07:23 AM   #5
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

lol..we've been exposed a million times and no one ever got it. This time, I have no idea where it came from...kinda ironic, huh? The rest of the spots are all kinda scabby looking today, but she doesn't have meny more, so I'm not sure if it's milkd PC or something else...although I'm not sure hwat it would be. I'm in MA btw...but we're beyond the incubaiton period
Old 07-25-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

I understand people wanting to get their kids exposed to cp when they are young because the disease is easier to deal with than if you get it as an adult, but it's a BAD idea because getting cp means that you can get shingles later on. That's the main reason I'm pro cp vax - not to prevent cp so much as to prevent shingles later.

Shingles is caused by the same virus as cp - after the cp symptoms go away, the virus lies dormant in your nerve cells and later in life stress (either mental, or physical like surgery) can trigger it to reactivate and cause shingles. My grandmother has suffered with that for over 3 years now and it's a miserable thing. Constant searing pain down a nerve and very few meds help at all, none can cure it.

Just passing some info along.
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My SIL found out she has MS (multiple sclerosis) and now she gets shingles. SIL isn't even herself when she's suffering with shingles, she's in so much pain

Anyway...that's my incredibly limited knowledge on shingles.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg_mommy
I understand people wanting to get their kids exposed to cp when they are young because the disease is easier to deal with than if you get it as an adult, but it's a BAD idea because getting cp means that you can get shingles later on. That's the main reason I'm pro cp vax - not to prevent cp so much as to prevent shingles later.

Shingles is caused by the same virus as cp - after the cp symptoms go away, the virus lies dormant in your nerve cells and later in life stress (either mental, or physical like surgery) can trigger it to reactivate and cause shingles. My grandmother has suffered with that for over 3 years now and it's a miserable thing. Constant searing pain down a nerve and very few meds help at all, none can cure it.

Just passing some info along.
Passing some back... getting the vaccine means that you can skip cp and go right to getting shingles, even as kid....6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #9
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

All of the research I've read about it shows that adults who had chicken pox as children are getting shingles more often now that there is a vaccine, because they are not getting "booster immunity" by being around kids with cp. This would obviously stop as the children getting the vaccine now grow to adulthood.

Everything says that the vaccine is 70-90% effective in preventing cp, and that children who get the vaccine are at a lower chance of getting shingles than those that get cp through transmission from another infected child and that the younger you are when you get cp, the more likely you are to get shingles later (This according to the CDC website).
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #10
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Here there is something called Enterovirus going around, it is flu-like symptoms and a fever and as the fever breaks a rash breaks out...my girls just had it and right now on one daughter the rash is just roughly scabbing over and the other one still has the rash. It is a 1-3 week incubation period and the rash lasts 3-5 days but one of my daughters has had it longer. Maybe that's what your child has? I have not even been able to FIND anyone who's child has the chicken pox to expose my 2 year old to, everyone around here gets the vacc for it.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote