Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:37 PM   #21
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms with no prenatal care...

I have friends who have gone both ways...most went traditional ob/hospital route...

and a few went the midwife /homebirth route.

a few couldnt afford teh midwife, so went to the local women's clinic with their medicaid, and then jsut had the baby at home alone with their husbands.

all of them were knowledgable, taking fht's at home, checking their blood pressures, doing EXcellent nutrition. All the moms and babies were fine.

Moms who dont care enough to seek prenatal care at all, and dont want to deal with being pregnant...now that fumes me. I hope the baby is ok..pls keep us updated.

Advertisement

bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #22
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a planned UC with DS, but ended up in the hospital with preeclampsia. Luckily I had been in contact with my OB regularly since I knew I was genetically in line for pre-e, so they didn't give me a lot of trouble. But it's people like this woman that give us a bad name.

I hope everything is well. I can't imagine not doing anything for my child until 38 weeks!!
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:51 AM   #23
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Little update...the mama is in the hospital, went in at 8:00 and was 4 cm then. Hoping that all is well...
Old 07-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #24
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yikes! hope all is well..
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #25
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hope all goes well with her!

So, are you ever going to go through a apprenticeship (and take the NARMS) to become a CPM?? I don't know of anyone else on these boards that are into midwifery like I am so thought I would ask.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #26
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

glad to hear she's really not doing drugs...that is WONDERFUL to hear!! however still this was horrible of her to not have gotten anything done until now! what was she going to do go into labor and ignore it b/c she's "not" pregnant? i just don't believe the denial crap if her plan was to have it and leave it at the hospital. she knew she was pg, she was not in denial...she just didn't care. now she supposedly does but i find that hard to fathom. maybe she'll prove us all wrong though.....gl to her w/her delivery today.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #27
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

I don't know....we're ttc #4, and I don't think that I could do it, at least not when my kids are younger. I know several DEM's, and sometimes they are gone for days on end, and come home and sleep for 2 more days. We're homeschooling, so I don't even have that "school time" to slepe with a little one while the bigger kids are at school. I LOVE it...I really do, and didn't realize how much I missed it until this girl called me to come do a check up...I was relaly in my element..but I just dont' think I can make the family scrafice at this time.

I'm in MA, where there is basically no midwifery regulations, which is both good and bad. I don't HAVE to take the NARMS, I dont' even *have* to do a full apprenticeship, but I would, just for *my* sake of mind.

Are you currently doing a program? I'd love to chat more with you about it