Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question Need help finishing my decision

So now I have decided that I need pockets and cover+prefolds or fitted.FB seems as great start for pockets, so if I have these about 6 how many covers+prefold I will need, if want to wash about every other day?
Where would be great place to buy cover+prefolds?
And is there something else absolutely necessary to have?

Efka and one 2 year old boy
peike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
My Mood:
Re: Need help finishing my decision

there is a prefold co-op going on in the co-ops section RUN to get some mama! No covers, but, pf's, pins, doublers for the pf's and deo disks for the pail.

Take the number of diapers you are changing per day and multiply that by the number of days you want to go.

Like, for me, my ds goes through 4-6 diapers a day. I want to wash every 3 days so I took the highest number 6 times 3 = 18 diapers MINIMUM.

For you, if you use covers and pf's, covers can be used over and over as long as they aren't wet or have poo on them. So, maybe 2 covers a day and then use the formula above to figure out your # of pf's. You'll want doublers to put into your pf's to help during nap time too.

If you use fitteds same thing. # of dipes per day x number of days + a couple of covers per day.

ETA: You may need more covers, like 3 per day so for 2 days worth of diapers I'd have 6. THAT's if you use pf's mainly. If you use a mix of pf's, pockets, and fitteds with covers you will need to just divide up the total number of diapers you need for 2 days.

So if you change 10 diapers a day you can do 3 pockets, 3 fitteds, 4 prefolds and 2 covers for ONE day. Double it for 2 days and so on.
Alyssa ~ Ebay FB ~ Old DS FB

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!

Last edited by Bare Bottom Gear; 07-24-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote