Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:
Diaper review (with pics!)/ added more in post #15!

Olivia is a month old today! That's completely nuts. I'd planned on doing a NB diaper review that very first week, but we lost our camera at the hospital and haven't had the $$ to replace it. I've borrowed my mom's camera for the past week and a half for schoolwork, and I've been taking diaper pictures in that time frame. This isn't everything we've got, as she's already outgrown the xs thirsties covers (they still fit, but I hate the red marks they leave on her legs...much prefer wool ). I'll add more to this thread as I take more today and probably Friday. She's squirmy, so I couldn't really get good shots. This is the best we've got!

XS VB AIOS
Honestly...these have been awesome for DH. He'll use fitteds if I request it, but this is what he reaches for 99% of the time. We've only had a few blowouts, but it was due to the diapers not being put on properly or just an overabundance of BF poo. This was last week when she was approx 10lb 11.5oz. She's well over 11lbs and they still have a little room to grow. I've found that Tallulah baby makes them a tad larger than the other VB makers (I think we've got them from everywhere, lol), as the ones that aren't Tallulah baby are REALLY pushing it now...this is a Tallulah baby dipe. Great sewing/craftsmanship on these!

Gotta complete it with Sedona babylegs

Small KHW fitteds

Work great and are super trim. These would have been better if she would have been a smaller NB. At 9lb 5oz, we were already on the second to last snaps on the highest rise. We're on the very last snaps now. I should mention that we had 2 of these that didn't even fit her at birth! I had 2 of these I had planned on using as her "first" diapers, and we wound up putting XS vb aios on instead as these just weren't big enough. Anywho...the ones that fit are great, though! Taken today:

Thirsties covers

Definitely bullet proof in every way/shape/form. The XS still fit, but are extremely tight around her littls thighs. I reach for wool over these, because I like the breathability, but these are used for outings or when everything else is dirty. lol. This is a picture of a small thirsties cover over the KHW fitted pictured above. Taken today

Small Peewells

My go-to diapers! These are by far my very favorite diapers. Absorbant, soft, and a great fit! I had 8 to start with, and after falling in love...I have 8 more on the way, and I've since ordered 3 mediums for when it's time to size up! We've still got a ways to go. Taken today...sleepy baby!

MaiMai BB wool wrap

This is so great...I only wish it was front snap instead of side snap. It's trim, soft, definitely a workhorse! Taken today over the peewell shown above...sleepy baby wanted to be held at this point:

Royal Buns

My very favorite article of clothing she's got! We've got quite a bit of room left in it. Even if she's completely soaked through a fitted (she's good at that!), this stays dry. It's amazing...love love love it. I've been searching FSOT for more of these, so if any of you see girly colors in this (small preferably), please LMK! Taken today over a KHW fitted, I believe...she's so long!

We've got lots more to photograph...nb mutt fitted, small BG aio, small VB aio, and a few others. I've got some berry plush, a VBSN, and maybe one or two more things we're not using (hate side snaps), but I can take pics of her in these if it would help anyone. I've also got a pair of longies that are drying at the moment that a very sweet mama made for her that I need to take/post pics of.

And two more pics...

Advertisement

Last edited by Hopper Graphics; 10-19-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
byumommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper review (with pics!)

She is absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
paintedbison
Registered Users
seller

I LOOOOVE seeing the newborn diaper reviews! She is absolutely gorgeous. And so are the diapers... love the yummy wool!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
katiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What great pictures! She's such a cutie! I'm just starting to look around for dipes for the little girl I'll be having in Feb. This post has been very helpful - thank you! (:
Old 10-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG SOOO CUTE IM SO EXCITED TO HAVE MY BABY AFTER SEEING THOSE PICS! SHES GORGEOUS!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
momto3under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww.....congrats mama!! She is beautiful.
Thanks for the review too, I only did pf with the girls as newbies, so I am looking forward to building a stash for this one.
momto3under2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #7
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

She is so beautiful!!!! You are making me want another baby so bad! I love the tiny fluffy pics! Can't wait to see more!
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #8
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

She is so beautiful!! Your hyping me up I'm so not ready stash wise at all.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

shes SO cute!

(and i hope you're gonna sell some of those thirsties before SIL can get a hold of your yummy stuff!)
Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #10
Claire and Boys
Registered Users

My Mood:

eep, my ovaries are twitching now. Cute baby cute diapers