Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Who uses a wet pail?

I am thinking that I want to try it. I want to wash more frequently and plan on getting one of those pails with a lift out part and really thought about trying wet pail. How do I do it? Advice welcome.

Advertisement

Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
woolfulcomforts
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Who uses a wet pail?

i do.. nak..

will help more soon
woolfulcomforts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
Jenb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do. I use a wet pail for poo dipes and a dry for pee dipes.
I absolutely hate stains, and have never been able to completely keep my diapers stain free using a dry only pail.
I have also never had babies whose poo flips off the diaper easily like I've heard to be rumored that some babies do. Mine are always stuck firmly on.

I use a basic pail with a locking lid. What I do is fill it with water 3/4 of the way up and when it is time to wash, pour the dirty water into the toilet and then toss the dipes into the washing machine, spin out the water and wash once on cold. Then I add my dry pail diapers for a HOT wash.
This is what works me me-I never have stains and my diapers hold up exceptionally well.

Now, must see that pail you are talking about...link please???
Jenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Eeewwwww! I used a wet pail with Race and it was one of the reasons I quit CDing. I HIGHLY prefer my mini shower. My dipes are nearly clean when I put them in the pail.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
woolfulcomforts
Registered Users

My Mood:

i use the mini shower and a wet pail..

my dipes are also clean when i put them in the pail .. but i wash everyday so the pail is like the pre cold soak for me..

and Jasper hardly ever poops in his diaper but im just nuts about smelling pee.. my dipes stay much fresher and cleaner with the wet pail and also i dont have to do a full cold wash , that is hard on my dipes..
woolfulcomforts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Blessedmommieof3
Registered Users
seller

Well lately I've been using a dry pail - but I always immediately shower off the poo diapers so , so they are wet but not poo-y!

I used to use a wet pail, again I rinsed the poo ones real good & then would toss them into a small pail 3/4 full of water with about 1/2 cup vinegar to help cut the urine smell a bit. It's a bit more work, but I think I'll go back to that method because even though I wash daily the pee reaks if I don't use a wet pail.

I forgot - when it was wash time, I dumped the whole pail, water and all into the washer and ran a hot rinse cycle then washed them.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #7
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

I spray poopy dipes, then wet pail them and the overnight pee dipes. I use a big old cat litter bucket with a flip-up snap-shut lid and keep it in the little toilet room where I sprat the dipes. On laundry day, I dump the water into the toilet, then do a quick cold prewash of just the wet pail dipes, then a cold prewash with all the dipes (wet and dry pail) and a generous sprinkle of baking soda and then the hot wash.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:28 PM   #8
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the tips mammas. This is all very interesting. My dd really doesn't poop in diapers (I think she has had three in the last two months - the rest in the potty since we are ECing), but the pee ones just stink. And we still have quite a few misses with the pee pee pants during the day so I really like the wash every other day. I'll see if I can find that pail on the Walmart website. It is a steel can with a lift out basket. I have seen them at Target too.
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:14 AM   #9
zaphodsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my ds, I used a dry pail and once he was firmly on solids I switched to a wet pail (ewwww). He, too like the pp, never had a poo that didn't stick. I used a mesh liner - these are indispensible - you just lift the diapers (wet or dry) out of whatever sealed container you put them in and dump them into the washer.

With dd I'm ec'ing and hardly even use dipes (time to sell I guess) moving onto trainers for outings with inconvenient toilets
Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #10
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.

My only tip would be, don't wetpail any PUL. I don't know why but it is not recommended for PUL dipes. But I have thought about doing it with my soakers.