Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2006, 07:29 AM   #1
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

DD Just started solids...

A few weeks ago my DD started on solids, she was EBF up until 6 months. I make her baby food, and she seems to enjoy very chunky textures with solid pieces in it. She is over 6 1/2 months old now, is it okay to make her foods like that or should I avoid them until she's a bit older? She has no trouble mashing them with her gums but I am worried about her digestive system, would it be hard on it?

Advertisement

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: DD Just started solids...

No one has advice on this?
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

If your daughter doesn't seem to have a problem with it, I wouldn't worry. My DS gagged on chunky food until about a month ago, and now he LOVES texture - it was like he went from puree to finger foods overnight. I think different kids deal with texture differently. If yours is cool with it that early, just go with it.

rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is a good post I have no idea when I should start giving my son chunky textures. He is on Gerber 2. I think he could handle 3, but I am very scared of choking. I choked on a carrot at the age of 4 and it is something I will never forget. I totally freak if I even hear my son make any sort of gag noise. too many episodes of "rescue 911" as a kid I guess. Anyway sorry to ramble on. I am just as lost as you on this. I'll be watching this.